*OFFICIAL NFC CHAMPIONSHIP GAME THREAD. NEW YORK GIANTS @ SAN FRANCISCO 49ers*

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

WHO WILL GO TO THE SUPER BOWL

• Total voters
Dec 4, 2011
Brandon Jacobs is a pussy. all he does is talk shit than when they get their ass kicked hes the first one off the field lol

like jerry rice said how you gonna be that big and get taken down by a CB lol pussy

Feb 12, 2004
Win or lose i'm going to be satisfied with what our Niners have given us this season. That last playoff game was the best football game ive possibly ever seen. Either way can't help but honestly feel like it's destiny!! Niners are destined to get that 6th lombardi this season!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
Any 49er fans think there's less of a buzz surrounding the 49ers playoff run in comparison to the SF Giants playoff run & WS Win?

I hadn't thought about it till my manager, SF born & raised, brought it up to me.....our office is in the heart of downtown sf in the financial district.....when the Giants were winning there was orange shit everywhere, everyone had some kind of giants something on and the city would damn near stop when they played. San Francisco is hosting the NFC championship game for fuck's sake, there should be like a 40 foot billboard of Vernon Davis on market street and red and gold fucking everywhere. After y'all beat the Giants there better be all kinds of 9ers shit everywhere!

prodigy91

@jordvnxsf
Mar 20, 2008
SF
have you checked out city hall, coit tower, lights on top of sf downtown buildings? everything is mostly lit up red and gold that was lit up orange the year the Giants won the world series.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
Any 49er fans think there's less of a buzz surrounding the 49ers playoff run in comparison to the SF Giants playoff run & WS Win?

I hadn't thought about it till my manager, SF born & raised, brought it up to me.....our office is in the heart of downtown sf in the financial district.....when the Giants were winning there was orange shit everywhere, everyone had some kind of giants something on and the city would damn near stop when they played. San Francisco is hosting the NFC championship game for fuck's sake, there should be like a 40 foot billboard of Vernon Davis on market street and red and gold fucking everywhere. After y'all beat the Giants there better be all kinds of 9ers shit everywhere!

lol

Jan 12, 2006
have you checked out city hall, coit tower, lights on top of sf downtown buildings? everything is mostly lit up red and gold that was lit up orange the year the Giants won the world series.
i think defy wants the city of SF to paint the arches on the GG bridge gold, rename the city 49ers, give everyone in the city the rest of the NFL season off with a paid vacation, put a Jim Harbaugh statue outside of city hall, make it law that the only movies being shown at the theaters will be 49er highlights past and present.

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
your team is a game away from the superbowl, put some shit up downtown is all I'm saying. I work downtown and haven't really seen shit. I had heard there were red & gold lights somewhere, but my point was with the Giants you say that shit everywhere.....it was highly noticable without looking for it.....I'd have to search for some 49ers shit......and I'm not hating, I think there should be more 9ers stuff put out by the city & local businesses, I just find it odd that its not.

Is San Francisco more of a baseball town than football?

Dec 12, 2006
Ima put you on game folks

SF is a football town, SF is also a city were only like 30% of the people livin there are from anywhere in CA, and prolly like 10 percent is born and raised, when the dot com boomed happened tons and tons of people moved into the city, the Giants moved near downtown the city marketed them really really wwell this was also when he still had Bonds arguably the greatest baseball player of all time, throw that in with the World Series and the Giants became the hot ticket in the city

If you look at the fan base of the 9ers are very very small percentage of season ticket holders are in SF, when the 9ers were blowing up SF was a very different city, and the city had a much larger percentage of season ticket holders, as the city underwent changes people who couldn't afford it or didnt like the new liberal politics moved to where you see the largest chunks of season ticket holders

So as a San Franciscan I can tell you this is a football town but that may be at odds with the majority of people who now live in SF think cuz there from other places and the Giants won the world series last year

Feb 10, 2006
Win or lose i'm going to be satisfied with what our Niners have given us this season. That last playoff game was the best football game ive possibly ever seen. Either way can't help but honestly feel like it's destiny!! Niners are destined to get that 6th lombardi this season!!! GO NINERS!!!!!!!!!!!!

this video gave me chills, one of the greatest games i've seen!

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
17 years or so vs 56 years.. I think thats the issue lol.. Giants hadnt won a WS in 56 years.. that's a long ass time compared to the last time the 9ers won a championship
Giants were in the world series in like 2000-2002 (don't know the date cuz I don't follow baseball) but there was a lot of buzz around that too, they also had a giant screen to watch the games in parks in SF....but I understand the WS drought and excitement surrounding that. I'll be disappointed if there's not more shit after the win against NY.

Dec 4, 2006
Been fuckin thinkin about the 9ers 24/7 since the 9ers were NFC West Champs. All the different scenarios and what not and who they would be facing in the playoffs/superbowl. Can't fuckin wait either.

I been trying not to think about it..

but everywhere I go I see people rocking 49ers gear..

I been rocking my Mitchell & Ness Vintage Fitted hat everywhere I go.. peeps been giving me high 5's or be like "GO 49ers"