Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

PoLLo LoC831

NINER EMPIRE
Mar 20, 2005
It's going to be a long season.....Alex Smith needs to go....there was some good Qb's on FA and they couldn't grab one of them. Kevin Kolb going to AZ will hunt the niners for seasons to come.... plus the o-line is playing like garbage.

Jul 25, 2007
It's going to be a long season.....Alex Smith needs to go....there was some good Qb's on FA and they couldn't grab one of them. Kevin Kolb going to AZ will hunt the niners for seasons to come.... plus the o-line is playing like garbage.
The Tards O-Line is still suspect and all they have is Fitz. Besides its still preseason. Wait until teams start blitzin the hell outta them. Then we'll see how good he is. Im not worried about them. We'll have a real QB next season.

Feb 23, 2004
just give it sometime guys its preseason remember! JH aint trying to show everything on preseason games. right now hes still evaluating players for starters. we dont even know if dixon will be second RB cause hunter is the next big thang the steal of the draft like gore was when we drafted him.but the o-line is scaring me a bit everybody is not in the same page but will get it together before week1. i hope..

Dec 12, 2006
Harbaugh: Offensive line 'violated' by straightforward defense

In the aftermath of the 49ers' 30-7 loss to the Texans on Saturday night, Jim Harbaugh offered this today: "(I'm) not as discouraged with the defense."

Using some deductive reasoning, I'm concluding Harbaugh finds the performance of his offense mildly disconcerting.

The Niners coach allowed as much during his day-after-game conference call with the local media in which he reiterated what he said after Saturday's game: The Texans' defense bullied the offensive line while using largely vanilla schemes.

"What the defense was presenting us should not have been complex for us and yet we were violated at times," Harbaugh said. "When that's happening you have to look at all three phases of what you're doing. What you're doing schematically, how you're doing it and who's doing it. And those are the really the only three things you have to focus on. And that's what we'll do."

As far item No. 3 -- who's doing it -- Harbaugh said it was "possible" when asked if two linemen could platoon at one position during the season.

"We have to do better in our pass protection," Harbaugh said. "I think that was obvious to anybody. And some of it is coming from technique. Some if it is fundamental. Some we got beat to the punch."

Here are some other tidbits from the monotone coach, who, it should be noted, also sounded drowsy on the heels of last week's 17-3 win against the Raiders:

* Some good news could be coming for an offense that's scored six first-half points in three preseason games -- WR Michael Crabtree might be removed from the PUP list soon.

"We'll see. That's possible," Harbaugh said when asked if Crabtree could return to practice this week.

* Kendall Hunter and Anthony Dixon, competing for the No. 2 running back spot, received equal carries Saturday, but produced different results.

Hunter: 8 carries, 40 yards.

Dixon: 8 carries, 15 yards.

"We'll continue to evaluate that," Harbaugh said of the battle between the backs. "Like a lot of our team, we know better what our strengths and what our weaknesses are and where we need to make improvement."

* Bright spots? There are some. And, not shockingly, they happen to play defense.

* Harabugh on LB Ahmad Brooks, who had a 13-yard interception return for a TD on the game's first offensive play: "I've been impressed. I've been saying that all camp. He is finding ways to make plays and saw it earlier in camp, too, when he was getting his hands on balls and getting interceptions. To see it show up in the game is fantastic. Good in practice. Good in the games. It's nice to see that show up. That was a big play he made (Saturday)."

* On DE Demarcus Dobbs, an undrafted rookie who has collected two sacks and another tackle for a loss in the preseason, "He's using his long arms. He's been athletic. He's been physical. He's done a good job in understanding everything as it relates to him and our defense. Very much arrow up on Demarcus Dobbs."

* On S Madieu Williams, who forced a fumble Saturday after getting an interception against the Raiders, "Madieu has stood out ... eyes, hustle, willingness to tackle and (having a) nose for the football."

Posted By: Eric Branch (Email) | August 28 2011 at 03:59 PM

Read more: http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/blogs/ninerinsider/detail?entry_id=96322#ixzz1WT4Vz6A1

Dec 12, 2006
not tryna come off like an asshole here but any of yall seen a interview with Harbaugh? we are not tankin on purpose, is Andrew Luck really the only decent QB in next years draft??

Dec 12, 2006
No doubt Luck is gonna be a star but Im tryna go to some god damm games this year and Im not cosignin on this lets go 2-14 for em, fuck that its a been a decade of shit and yes Bradford is good but its only been one year and I want to see some god damm progress while we still have one of the best RBs in the NFL

Jan 5, 2006
Anybody remember Joe Montana @ Notre Dame?

Just because a QB is hella good in College doesnt always mean they will be in the NFL.. sure makes things easier if Luck were to be reunited with his old Coach, but prime example... Montana

Sep 15, 2009
Im not cosignin on this lets go 2-14 for em, fuck that its a been a decade of shit and yes Bradford is good but its only been one year and I want to see some god damm progress while we still have one of the best RBs in the NFL
Spoken like a true fan. Fuck tanking a season to draft ANYONE. I'm tired of all these losing seasons and I'm ready to watch the Niners be a powerhouse once again. I know it might take another season to make playoffs, but I want playoffs now!

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Joe Montana is a prime example of a qb bein good in college but not on the NFL? Did i miss somethin?

And the knock on Montana comin outta college was arm strength...