Niner News Thread

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 12, 2004
I posted about getting McNabb last month.

Would you guys trade a 2nd round pick for Donovan McNabb? I was reading that's what the rumors are saying that he might go for. We take 2 OL with our 2 1st rounders like Iupati and Bulaga. We already have all the offensive weapons and our O line would be upgraded by a lot. With Donovan throwing the ball behind a good line our O would be pretty deadly. Plus he'd help the niners groom Nate Davis the entire time.

I wouldn't give up a 1st rounder for him tho.

Dec 4, 2006
I thought the 49ers have OT Trent Williams in their radar?

Michael Vick would be a nice add-on on the 49ers roster, but McNaab it's guaranteed to go to the playoffs and maybe a superbowl...

Guerrero, I'm hoping it does happen though...it would be worth it IMO..

Dec 4, 2006
Damn, I wonder if its speculation or if they're really gonna pull the trigger.
I didn't hear it on the radio myself, two of my boys texted me asking me about it....they're both raider fans too lol

One of them was like "dude, if the 49ers do trade that draft pick for McNaab, the 49ers are for sure going to the playoffs"

Patrick Willis also stated that the 49ers are mos def in the playoffs in the next season ..

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
In addition to the Jets, free agent OLB Travis LaBoy has reportedly drawn interest from the 49ers this offseason.
According to the Nashville Tennessean, LaBoy visited San Francisco prior to Monday's meeting with Jets officials. LaBoy could be of situational pass-rush help in either place, but isn't someone who'd be guaranteed a roster spot.

LaBoy went to Marin Catholic high school here in Marin county.

49ers beat writer Matt Maiocco says the team will not consider USC S Taylor Mays in the first round of April's draft.
San Francisco has two first-rounders (Nos. 13, 17) and could use help at strong safety, but Mays' stock may no longer be in the top-32 range after he struggled at the Senior Bowl. He was also not a consistent playmaker at SC

Oct 23, 2009
Looks like the Niners just put the franchise tag on Aubrayo Franklin. I'm sure they want to see consistent production from him before they sign him to a longer contract.

Arson

Long live the KING!!!!
May 7, 2002
Mcnabb is one of the worst choke artist ive ever seen, his two minute drills are fucking pathetic, except for his 4-26 he hasnt come thru when it counted once, But his two minute offense is so fucking pathetic, I cant even tell if its him or andy reid, do the eagles even practive the two minute drill? lol.