NFL better compensate the Niners!!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 25, 2007
Posted by Mike Florio on September 29, 2009 5:09 PM ET

The fact that 49ers receiver Michael Crabtree is unsigned with the month of September nearly over is newsworthy even without any specific developments.

And, so, allow us to report that there are no specific developments.

More specifically, a league source tells us that two weeks have passed with zero communication between the team and agent Eugene Parker.

There's also a rumor in league circles that Parker is now telling people that there's a team willing to pay Crabtree $40 million over four years, which would match the contract Parker negotiated in early 2008 for Cardinals receiver Larry Fitzgerald.

So maybe the Niners will be filing a second tampering charge at some point.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2009/09/29/all-silent-between-crabtree-niners/

Jul 25, 2007
why would anyone pay someone proven player money. elite veteran money to a rookie who hasnt played a single NFL down?! crazy!

Apr 25, 2002
They better give us some picks. We got docked a pick and had to trade one of our picks with the Bears when we got charged with tampering, and NOTHING even happened there. Briggs never left Chicago so there was no harm done. This situation is far worse with possibly two teams tampering and preventing us from even signing our first round pick. There is no set penalty for tampering, so Goodell will decide what the penalties are if these teams are found guilty and I was reading somewhere about a week ago that it could be as high as a first round pick from BOTH teams. That's unlikely to happen, but it would be nuts.

Jul 29, 2002
They better give us some picks. We got docked a pick and had to trade one of our picks with the Bears when we got charged with tampering, and NOTHING even happened there. Briggs never left Chicago so there was no harm done. This situation is far worse with possibly two teams tampering and preventing us from even signing our first round pick. There is no set penalty for tampering, so Goodell will decide what the penalties are if these teams are found guilty and I was reading somewhere about a week ago that it could be as high as a first round pick from BOTH teams. That's unlikely to happen, but it would be nuts.

you right!!! im starting to think that maybe some teams are trying to prevent the 9ers from signing him cause it would be fucken crazy to pay an unproven player in the NFL crazy money like that!!! Oh wait, my Raiders paid JR.

Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Typical of 49r fans to wanted to be compensated. Of course YOU DIDNT KNOW he wasnt gonna sign. The Raiders DIDNT know the picks were gonna be a bust. Im just sayin this cause the thought of SF being compensated is BULLSHIT. Fuck your fans, Fuck your front office, and Fuck your Roster.

Apr 25, 2002
Typical of 49r fans to wanted to be compensated. Of course YOU DIDNT KNOW he wasnt gonna sign. The Raiders DIDNT know the picks were gonna be a bust. Im just sayin this cause the thought of SF being compensated is BULLSHIT. Fuck your fans, Fuck your front office, and Fuck your Roster.
It's clear your retarded ass doesn't know what tampering is.

We're not saying we should be compensated just because Crabtree hasn't signed, you dumb fuck. Up your comprehension skills.

Feb 5, 2006

WOW YOUR AN IDIOT. THERES A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN YOUR TEAM PICKING A PLAYER, AND BECOMING A BUST, THEN TO PICK A PLAYER, AND HAVE YOUR PLAYER NOT SIGN DUE TO ANOTHER TEAM TAMPERING WITH YOUR TEAM'S DEAL. ONE SIDE, ITS ONLY THE TEAMS FAULT FOR PICKING A BUST, AND THE OTHER SIDE IS A TEAM PICKING A PLAYER AND HAVING ANOTHER TEAM INTERFERE. IF THATS THE CASE, THEN THEY SHOULD BE COMPENSATED. NOT JUST CUZ YOUR OWNER IS AN IDIOT

Dec 4, 2006
Unknown crawl back to the black hole you came from...you are not slightly retarded..you are retarded......

I don't know though, if Craptree does sign with another team next year (jets or cowboys), those are the teams that tampered with the 49ers draft pick.

Fatal, I would love to get two 1st draft picks from those two teams that are tampering with the 49ers pick. That would be sweet, but like you said. I don't think that would happen..

Apr 25, 2002
Yeah I don't think it would happen, but apparently it's possible because of the nature of the tampering. The Bears really didn't get shit from us when we tampered because nothing happened there. Briggs is still with them so no harm was done. But if two teams are seriously telling Crabtree they will pay him what he wants next year, it's obviously preventing us from signing him with the offer we've had on the table. The situations are different because we're taking a major loss due to other teams tampering (if it's proven) so the compensation could be big.

Just imagine if we were to be awarded those two teams' 1st rounders next year. LMAO we'd have 4 first round picks. Not gonna happen, but that would be insane.

Mar 16, 2005
Yeah I don't think it would happen, but apparently it's possible because of the nature of the tampering. The Bears really didn't get shit from us when we tampered because nothing happened there. Briggs is still with them so no harm was done. But if two teams are seriously telling Crabtree they will pay him what he wants next year, it's obviously preventing us from signing him with the offer we've had on the table. The situations are different because we're taking a major loss due to other teams tampering (if it's proven) so the compensation could be big.

Just imagine if we were to be awarded those two teams' 1st rounders next year. LMAO we'd have 4 first round picks. Not gonna happen, but that would be insane.
welcome to salary hell if that happened!