My roommate...and a question?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I have Ja Rule, and I have all of DMX's albums. I've done commercial, and i've moved on to rap. I think listening to underground shit is the next step towards a true appreciation for rap. I believe that those who listen to mainstream rap are unaware of the skill involved in becoming a rapper, and many times don't understand that deeper meaning, beats, wordplay, and flowability far surpass the ability to make a good party mix. I know a lot of kids who play commercial music, i've been exposed. I just feel that it is petty to a large extent.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
I believe that those who listen to mainstream rap are unaware of the skill involved in becoming a rapper, and many times don't understand that deeper meaning, beats, wordplay, and flowability far surpass the ability to make a good party mix.
if you can go back and read that without slapping the shit out of yourself, youre talking about 99% of the rappers YOU listen to. and its funny talking about wordplay from the underground, because if youre talking about underground HIP HOP then i feel you. but to say people in the underground GANGSTA rap scene have deeper meaning, beats, wordplay and flow i got to say someone dropped you on your skull boy. who you think your favorite rappers are trying to be?

I know a lot of kids who play commercial music, i've been exposed. I just feel that it is petty to a large extent.
its closer to real life than gang banging fantasies and thug life. i know people JUST like you. pretty cool people but dont really fit in well with the rest. its alright, but dont take your frustration about not being popular out on rappers who have more skill than youre giving credit.

May 12, 2002
GoProGraphics.com
If he lives ther, and you live there....

IT BOTH YOUR ROOM. You can split what you listen to. Even if he plays country, you can play Lynch.

Man i did the dorm thing 3 times in my 6+ years of schooling. Its not bad. Cant be worse than when i had a roomate named "Spanky".

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Phil, let me get off my chest that you're actin like a cocksucker. I have an opinion and state it, and then you twist my words around and try to say i ain't popular?

Who ever said i just listen to Bay Area music? In comparison to real commercial rap, i think the Roots, Pharcyde, and the People Under the Stairs are less commercial. They have deeper meaning. You can't listen to Questions or countless other songs and tell me Tech N9ne doesn't have word play and the ability to flow. What i'm talking about is an understanding of the talent of rap. It seems that you're the ignorant one who already decided that i ONLY listen to gangsta rap. Go to the flows board and look at my shit, and ask if i don't understand what wordplay is all about. I try to pose a question, and you jump on my ass about whatever it is you were talking about?

Sometimes i just want to smack the stupid-trying-to-sound-smart motherfuckers on this board.