Modest Mouse - We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Modest Mouse just finished up recording their new album titled We Were Dead Before the Ship Even Sank. It is due to be released at the end of this year.

Their original drummer Jeremiah Green is back and the legendary Johnny Marr of The Smiths is now an official member of the band and will be touring with them for the new album.

Marr and lead singer Isaac Brock shared writing duties on the album.

I'm a big fan of both Modest Mouse and The Smiths so hearing this was pretty amazing. I would never have thought in a million years when I started listening to Modest Mouse years ago that they would have this much success and that someone of Marr's stature would be joining what was at the time just another local band from Issaquah, Washington.

I can't wait for this album to drop.

Nuttkace

Nov 7, 2005
^^Hahaha...just fucking with you. My lady listens to that type of music and that's one of the few songs from them that I don't mind, it's got like a feel good type of thing going on.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I take it you finally had a chance to listen to them. Last I heard your friend was supposed to burn you a few of their CDs. "Float On" is a pretty feel good song...def. not most of their other work though. Fuck minus "Float On" Good News... is a pretty depressing album itself lol.

Isaac Brock is one of my favorite song writers. Dude is sick with it IMO. Have you ever heard the man speak though? He has one of the worst lisps ever. I don't know how he sings without it being totally noticable. I mean you can hear it if you really listen for it though.

"Well fads they come and fads they go.
And God I love that rock and roll!
Well the point was fast but it was too blunt to miss.
Life handed us a paycheck, we said, "We worked harder than this!"

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I've only heard one Modest Mouse song. It goes:

"That is that and this is this,
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get,
You get away from me"

and then it goes "you wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death".

What the fuck is the name of that song???? I've been trying to figure it out for like 2 years now.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Stealth said:
I've only heard one Modest Mouse song. It goes:

"That is that and this is this,
You tell me what you want and I'll tell you what you get,
You get away from me"

and then it goes "you wasted life, why wouldn't you waste death".

What the fuck is the name of that song???? I've been trying to figure it out for like 2 years now.
"Ocean Breathes Salty"