Jay Rock - Follow Me Home

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Jay Rock is set to release his Strange Music debut album, Follow Me Home, and cement his place at the forefront of the New West movement. As the premiere artist with Top Dawg Entertainment, the Watts native made a name for himself through mixtapes and caught the attention of XXL Magazine (which named him one of their Top Ten Freshmen) as well as that of Tech N9ne and Strange Music. Follow Me Home features musical heavyweights like Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Rick Ross and will.i.am. With songs like “Hood’s Gonna Love It” and “All My Life”, Jay Rock is able to convey an honest grit through an intelligent storytelling that separates Jay Rock from so many other artists. Jay Rock brings a hard-edged yet accessible sound that’s straight from the streets.

Shooting was recently completed on Jay Rock’s compelling video for “Hood’s Gonna Love It” and is set to premiere on MTV2, MTV Jams, MTVU and BET.

Kain

Sicc OG
Jun 16, 2004
Jay Rock is set to release his Strange Music debut album, Follow Me Home, and cement his place at the forefront of the New West movement. As the premiere artist with Top Dawg Entertainment, the Watts native made a name for himself through mixtapes and caught the attention of XXL Magazine (which named him one of their Top Ten Freshmen) as well as that of Tech N9ne and Strange Music. Follow Me Home features musical heavyweights like Lil Wayne, Chris Brown, Rick Ross and will.i.am. With songs like “Hood’s Gonna Love It” and “All My Life”, Jay Rock is able to convey an honest grit through an intelligent storytelling that separates Jay Rock from so many other artists. Jay Rock brings a hard-edged yet accessible sound that’s straight from the streets.

Shooting was recently completed on Jay Rock’s compelling video for “Hood’s Gonna Love It” and is set to premiere on MTV2, MTV Jams, MTVU and BET.

May 7, 2008
Jay Rock brings a hard-edged yet accessible sound that’s straight from the streets.

LOL what ? accessible ?:S

I just seen the preorder up for it << it says it features William from black eyed peas :O

Aug 23, 2002
accessible to me means its dumb'd down so that anyone can like it..

but i guess it can be also your way < "easy to find" lol
Jesus christ Shut the fuck up. You are the most annoying person on this strange board. Your musical taste suck. If you dont like something why post in the thread 100 times?

Jan 16, 2007
the tracklist

01-All My Life (Feat [Lil Wayne] & [Will I Am])
02-McKenzie
03-It's not For the Radio (Feat [Tech N9ne] & [E-40])
04-Follow Me Home (Feat [The Game)
05-Calisunshine (Feat [Snoop Dogg] & [The Game])
06-Growin' up in Compton
07-Finest Hour (Feat [Rick Ross])
08-Lift Me Up
09-Behind Bars
10-Respect Me (Feat [Ab-soul],[Schoolboy Q] & [Tyrese])
11-Beat a Rapper Down (feat [Busta Rhymes])
12-To My Family
13-Keep It On The Real
14-Kill Or Be Killed (Feat [Tech N9ne] & [Krizz Kaliko])
15-Cloud of Smoke (Feat [Tech N9ne] & [Snoop Dogg])
16-Black Cocaine
17-California Soul (Feat [Scarface] & [Glasses Malone])
18-Hood Gone Love It (feat [Kendrick Lamar])
19-No Money, No Power (Feat [Tech N9ne] & [50 Cent])
20-Black Hippy (Feat [Ab-soul],[Schoolboy Q] & [Kendrick Lamar])
21-first bullet, first shot (Feat [Kutt Calhoun] & [Kendrick Lamar])
22-Soldier's Prayer
23-Shoot on the Star (Feat [Kendrick Lamar] & [Ne-Yo])
24-Rollin'(Feat [Lloyd])

Nov 6, 2005
tech and 50 cent...wtf

My exact thoughts...

I wonder how that 50/ tech song gonna turn out.

I haven't heard anything serious by 50 for a couple years, but I hope he doesn't come on that almost R&B tip he was on, and has been on, on all his Radio hits.

The track name would make me feel reassured slightly, except I've been disappointed by judging a song solely off its title in the past...

Im looking forward to this. This is an album that that could be real positive for the label
I think Jay Rock has brought some attention to the label as a whole already, and could do so even more if he keeps gaining the exposure that hes been getting.

May 7, 2008
He has so many features cause he knows he sucks..

Im going to download it just for the features so i think it was a good move on his part.