Is it just me or have the movies this year sucked horrible ass??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 23, 2003
Fresno, CALIF.
Watchmen - sucked
Star Trek - sucked
The Hangover - funny
Drag Me To Hell - pretty good
Wolverine - sucked
Transformers II - pathetic
Angels & Demons - faggotry
The Unborn - pathetic
Terminator salvation - not impressed
Knowing - haha he made this movie like 8 times now
Observe & Report - FAIL
Paul Blart: Mall cop - didn't I just watch this movie? FAIL
I Love You, Man - haven't seen it yet
Bronson - best movie so far
It is just you.

Watchmen - Sick as fuck
P Enemies - HARD

Apr 25, 2002

Mike Manson

Still Livin'
Apr 16, 2005
Only movies I'm really lookin forward to are

District 9 www.d-9.com

Rec2 http://rec2lapelicula.com/

I'm gonna watch most of the movies that were mentioned, but don't really have high hopes for any...Nowadays when you go and watch a movie with high expectations you'll get disappointed.

Only movies that really delivered and were even better than I expected were Martyrs, Inside, and Chiko...

Sep 5, 2008
I thought observe & report was decent, the scene where theyre doing all the drugs was one of the funniest things ive seen in a movie this year.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
As of your list I'd say...

Watchmen - sucked -- Agreed. It looked great but overall the movie was awful.
Star Trek - sucked -- I actually liked this and I'm not a Star Trek fan at all. Will I buy it, no, but I did like it.
The Hangover - funny -- Agreed. The funniest R-rated comedy this year so far.
Drag Me To Hell - pretty good -- I liked this a lot actually. I think a lot of people went in expecting something else.
Wolverine - sucked -- From what I saw of it (probably like 75%) it was awful.
Transformers II - pathetic -- Agreed 100%. It didn't surprise me that most on here thought it was amazing and I don't think I need to say why.
Angels & Demons - faggotry -- Didn't even bother watching it and won't be anytime soon.
The Unborn - pathetic -- Never had the desire to see it.
Terminator salvation - not impressed -- I thought it was "ok" at best.
Knowing - haha he made this movie like 8 times now -- Haven't seen it and thought it looked stupid as hell.
Observe & Report - FAIL -- I really wanted to like this movie but couldn't and thought it was awful.
Paul Blart: Mall cop - didn't I just watch this movie? FAIL -- Never wanted to see it.
I Love You, Man - haven't seen it yet -- It was better then I thought it would be which isn't saying much. Maybe when it hits the free movies on demand give it a watch.
Bronson - best movie so far -- I liked it a lot but I don't know if I'd say the best so far.

I'm not going to even get into what I didn't like but chances are I saw it as I watch almost everything that comes out. Here are movies worth checking that I've seen this year. I might be forgetting one or two.

Coraline -- I thought the film looked amazing and I liked it a lot in 3D which I usually hate. NOTE: This is not a Tim Burton movie.

Up -- Yes, another animated movie. Unlike Coraline this one is CGI and I thought it was great and I still feel that 90% of CGI should only be used in animated movies unless totally warranted.

The Brothers Bloom -- Great movie. Probably my favorite so far that actually came out this year (see below.)

Gomorra -- Amazing movie. Probably my favorite this year. It had very limited release in the US in 2008 and it came to the theatre by me in Feb. 2009 so I'm counting it for this year. Fuck you.

Dead Snow -- It's about Nazi zombies so what's not to love? Very cheesy but I enjoyed it and laughed a lot.

The Hurt Locker -- Really good film. Google it if you want to know what it's about.

Moon -- A very solid film by David Bowie's son of all people. Sam Rockwell is great in the movie.

Ummm, I think that's all I have to add.

Films that I'm interested in seeing are, Shutter Island, Funny People, Extract, Cold Souls, Inglourious Basterds, Fantastic Mr. Fox, Five Minutes of Heaven, World's Greatest Dad, Where the Wild Things Are, and Antichrist. Add Big Fan to that list.

This thread would go great in some sort of movie forum.

Rasan

Producer
May 17, 2002
Chula Vista, South Bay, San Diego, California
Star Trek - didnt suck imo. only thing that was wack was the old spock meeting the new spock.
The Hangover - haven't seen it
Drag Me To Hell - movie was ass
Wolverine - didnt think it sucked, but close to it
Transformers II - disgusted
Angels & Demons - haven't seen it
The Unborn -haven't seen it
Terminator salvation - haven't seen it
Knowing - enjoyed the movie because everybody dies at the end
Observe & Report - haven't seen it
Paul Blart: Mall cop - got it in NetFlix but rfused to watch it because it looked like it shoulda been a Nickelodeon/Disney movie on cable
I Love You, Man - haven't seen it
Bronson - haven't seen it