I wanna buy a HIP HOP cd

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 28, 2005
JUST BY J-DILLAS "DONUTS"

el vez said:
And be the fuck done with it.

I second that shit all day. Thats your favorite producers favorite producer.

MOTOWN baby.

RIP Jay Dee

and you can always go back to the de la soul and tribe called quest days.

Jun 11, 2006
Lifestylez Ov Da Poor & Dangerous - Big L
Rip The Jacker - Canibus
Madvillainy - Madvillain
The Roots - Illadelph Halflife
Dead Prez - Lets Get Free

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I forgot all about this thread until ColdBlooded reminded me. The day I was gonna go get an album I ended up gettin some heart problems and had to go to the ER. I'm takin my lunch break in a half hour...but I doubt this record store will have any of the shit you guys mentioned except for maybe Murs and I already got those.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
So I went to the CD store today outside of my office. I just started working here so I never actually go to check it out, but it was a used CD store. I dont know if you know anything about used CD stores in Pittsburgh but they have a lot of Lou Bega and Chicago, and not a lot of hip hop.

I couldnt find Zion I, Chief Kamachi, Apathy, Be Lo One, Nonphixion, Malice, Ayatollah, etc. There were barely any rap CDs. I think I saw a CD for B.G. and Mase's Harlem World album.

So it was easy for me to pick a hip hop CD: I bought the only one there. I got Aceyalone's Magnificent City with RJD2.

I wasn't real excited about the buy because its a 2006 release and i'm skeptical about new shit, but it did have RJD2 on it so I gave it a shot. I'm on track 3 right now, and so far I'm not too impressed, but its not a bad CD either. I guess I'll let ya'll know what I think of it when its done.

Thanks for the suggestions - hopefully Best Buy has some better selections.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
sucks for you...i was disspointed with that album as well. you need to find a store with more selection

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

Magnificent City was cool to me, I never bought either RJD2 or an Aceyalone CD before that so I dont have anyhting to compare it to. I'd give it a 7.5/10...

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
^^^yeah,i can see that then,but was a huge acey and rjd2 fan before that album dropped,expected way more. you need to step your acey and RJD2 game up RY,haha

rjd2-dead ringer,since we last spoke
soul position (RJD2/blueprint)-things go better with RJ and al,8 million stories

aceyalone-book of human language,grand imperial,all balls dont bounce
a-team (acey/ab rude)- who framed/re-framed the a-team?

peep those

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Yeah I got that Deadringer album...I fucking love Ghostwriter. I wish I coulda got more of a selection, but I didnt know it was a shitty ass used CD store. I wrote down all of the suggestions from this thread and the other one though, so I'm gonna go out this weekend and try to cop something better.

Ry

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • Ry

Ry

I have that new Soul Position, it was average at best. I thought Magnificent city was way better, both production and lyrics.

I think the best song I have heard from RJ so far is Final Frontier, and Blueprint isnt too annoying on it either...

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I was lovin aceyalone's Love & Hate album....when I heard the rjd2 cuts on there I thought the 2 were a match made in heaven....I downloaded a few magnificent city tracks, but wasn't too impressed.....I still need to get the other one y'all mentioned, grand imperial.....and I hate ab-rude too much to subject myself to listening to a whole song by the man, let alone a whole album...even if it has acey on it.....but I did like a few haiku d'tat tracks back in the day, I need to find those again.....

RJD2's Deadringer was one of my favorite cd's when the shit came out....classic shit along the lines of endtroducing by DJ shadow (which I just pulled out and i'm bout to bump)...the horror had some coo cuts, I didn't like soul position all that much cuz of blueprint (i think thats his name) and I didn't give since we last spoke that much of a chance

ps-someone plug me with grand imperial! :classic: