Hey-Zeus

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Houston
Up2nOgOoD said:

it only means one thing that they want to have all iraq's resources all to themselves and control that country like its there bitch
What natural resources does Iraq have? I mean besides oil and sand?

I need someone to explain to me why you claim that this war was purely about oil? In reality, if we were to get Iraq oil exports going, how much would it bring in the first year? Probably about $40 billion. So why are we going to invade Iraq, running up a military bill of about $1 billion a day, only to at the most be compensated with at the most $40 billion if we took all of the revenues from oil sales?

The reason why we are going to the U.N. is because we want more funding from other countries because the bill is getting so high and we need more troops in there to relieve ours and help establish more control. I mean, our best trained troops are standing guard outside hospitals or manning checkpoints. Other countries will not send troops unless the U.N. plays a role in controlling/stabilizing the country. And we want to maintain control because we were the ones that led the invasion. Hopefully that helps you out, Up2nOgOoD.

Jul 7, 2002
AdolfOliverBush said:
What natural resources does Iraq have? I mean besides oil and sand?

I need someone to explain to me why you claim that this war was purely about oil? In reality, if we were to get Iraq oil exports going, how much would it bring in the first year? Probably about $40 billion. So why are we going to invade Iraq, running up a military bill of about $1 billion a day, only to at the most be compensated with at the most $40 billion if we took all of the revenues from oil sales?

The reason why we are going to the U.N. is because we want more funding from other countries because the bill is getting so high and we need more troops in there to relieve ours and help establish more control. I mean, our best trained troops are standing guard outside hospitals or manning checkpoints. Other countries will not send troops unless the U.N. plays a role in controlling/stabilizing the country. And we want to maintain control because we were the ones that led the invasion. Hopefully that helps you out, Up2nOgOoD.
http://www.siccness.net/vb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=71982

Mar 18, 2003
nefar559 said:
that was done with US support
nefar559 said:
gassing kurdish villages with US support
I think that both of these claims are extremely false as you're making very bold and generalized statements. Through all of the "support" we ever gave Iraq, when did we ever support killing civilians and dumping bodies into mass graves? Your avoiding the specifics and just saying hey, the U.S. supported Iraq therefore we support everything they did, inlcluding that which we knew nothing about. I don't think it's fair to generalize in that manner.

2-0-Sixx: I supported the war at first, when I thought we were going after Saddam and WMD, but I never envisioned what was to come about within this wreckage. I still support the collapse of Iraq's (pre-war) government, but not the lives that have been taken in the process. I believe in God, Jesus, the Bible, but I don't practice or study the religion beyond a nightly prayer. As far as I'm concerned, I will sooner reject any and every religion that is thrown my way, than to pick and choose one based on what, the footsteps of my anscestors? Whether you're mormon, Jahova's witness, catholic, etc. you are likely worshiping that God because, and to be perfectly honest, someone told you to. Rediculous. When I grew up I was forced to go to church, and I hated almost every minute of it (softball games were fun, so was camp). Now that Im' older I look at all these confused people wandering around arguing with other religious people over words in a book. People need to shut the fuck up and stop creating boundaries around their religion.