Gun question?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

SLICC RICC

Encapuchado
Jan 4, 2005
OvErFLoW said:
Yo man, scrap the 9 as the self defense weapon and use the 45. The 45 has much more stopping power and is less likely to go thru walls and doors. I would suggest a "security" shotgun or the high caliber pistol for the home defense weapon. Small caliber rounds are "faster" and have better range, but less stopping power. Bigger caliber rounds are "slower," which means less range but much more stopping power and are less likely to penetrate multiple, or accidental targets.
YOURE NOT VERY EXPERIENCED WIT FIREARMS, ARE YOU??? UNLESS YOURE USIN BIRDSHOT FOR A SHOTGUN IN A HOUSE, OR YOUR WALLS ARE MADE OF BRICKS OR CONCRETE, A SHOTGUN WILL SHOOT ITS PAYLOAD THROUGH AN AVERAGE WALL WIT THE GREATEST OF EASE... CAN YOU EXPLAIN YOUR THEORY OF BIGGER CALIBERS BEING LESS LIKELY TO PENETRATE MULTIPLE WALLS OR ACCIDENTAL TARGETS??? LAST TIME I HEARD, A 115 GRAIN 9MM HOLLOWPOINT IS LESS LIKELY TO EXIT A WALL OR A PERSON THAN A 230 GRAIN HOLLOWPOINT .45 CALIBER BULLET... A 9MM IS AN EXCELLENT SELF DEFENSE CALIBER... THE LACC OF RECOIL MAKES IT EASIER FOR REPEAT SHOTS AND EASIER TARGET ACQUISITION... IMO, THE BEST CALIBERS FOR SELF DEFENSE ARE .380 CALIBER UP TO ABOUT .357 MAGNUM...
IN NO WAY AM I CONDONING OR ENCOURAGING
ANYONE TO SHOOT ANYTHING OR ANYBODY...