Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
I was at that Fog Game too shit was awesome and we smashed. I was livin over on like 20th and Willamette with a couple homies and a bus would come by and swoop at the old Emeralds stadium parking lot (that big ass lot between Willamette and I forget that long as street goes past South Eugene High that you can take all the way up to Lane CC...30th maybe).

I always partied at Ducks Village, Chase Apts or The Commons before and after the games. Shit was hella fun.

I would watch the spring games from the visitor side cuz that was the only side open but every other game I would be in student seating. Sometimes without a ticket when they got good you couldn't cop the easy ticket like in 04-06. We would get all blasted and wait til 10 minutes before kick off and just rush through the gates and mob up those steps hella fast on the North Entrance or whatever.

I hope I still got my picture up at Duck Mart lol. That Korean woman would take polaroids of folks before the games and post em up around the store.

Best times of my life man.
E @Edwardthoft Ha, I lived in The Commons for a year, always partied at Duck Village and Chase too. Living at the Commons was pretty dope because you could just walk around perved and find a party or something. We snuck into the hot tubs at Chase a few times. I also lived on 30th and Willamette for 2 years and worked at Market of Choice on 29th and willamette for 2.5 years. I know exactly where you are talking about that bus picking you up. I still have a lot of friends there that I visit there to this day. Good fucking times

Jan 18, 2008
Rip City
DERBY, Kan. — A young Marine returning to civilian life in Kansas died this week after falling from the South Rim of the Grand Canyon, where he had stopped to do some sightseeing on his way home from Camp Pendleton, Calif., his father said.

After two years in the Marines, Jeffery Klingsick had big plans, said his father, Russ Klingsick. The 20-year-old veteran of Afghanistan planned to join a band, become an emergency medical technician and, said his father, watch lots of John Wayne movies.

Russ Klingsick, of Derby, said an investigator for Grand Canyon National Park told the family that his son had left a public viewing area on the South Rim on Tuesday, walked too close to the edge and fell 30 feet to a ledge below, The Wichita Eagle reported Thursday (http://bit.ly/JuQ8oq ).

The fall knocked him out, and a Marine buddy who was with him began climbing down to help. Jeffery Klingsick regained consciousness but appeared dazed and uncertain of where he was, his father said. As he struggled to get to his feet, he stumbled and went over the edge, falling at least 600 feet to his death.

Now, instead of a welcome home party in Derby, a funeral is being planned.

"A lot of friends were waiting to see him — and family," Russ Klingsick said.

Klingsick served in Afghanistan with as a scout and rifleman for the Marines' 1st Light Armored Reconnaissance battalion and had just been discharged from the Corps.

He had taken combat life-saving courses while in the Marines, and he wanted to become an emergency medical technician. He would come back to Derby, find a job and work toward his EMT certification.

"He had a huge fondness for music," his father said, and he already had made arrangements to become a guitar player in two different bands.

On his Facebook page, he indicated he liked hard rock, alternative rock and heavy metal. He also liked horror flicks and John Wayne movies.

"One thing he said he was looking forward to was sitting down and watching a lot of old John Wayne movies with his old man," Russ Klingsick said.

-- The Associated Press

falling 600 feet, dats out