Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
While I understand your standpoint, & see where you are coming from & not really trying to get into a religious discussion too tough... it helps some people out to pray when in need.

weather the prayer is answered or whatever they believe, I dont think it is really the point. I think it is more of a comfort thing than anything.

RIP to your cousin though, .....I would hope the fam was not praying for her to stay alive, vs praying for comfort for her in her time of need.

.....but I do not think you should have been tricked or forced into anything, breh.
Yeah I feel you Shea and I have nothing against prayer and that's one of the times it actually makes sense to me for people to do that kind of stuff if they believe in it not like the two Facebook examples I gave a little earlier.

Trick might not have been the right word but a priest showed up out of nowhere and the next thing I know everyone is holding hands in a cirle. I wasn't about to be like "Nah I'm cool" in that situation so I just went along with it.

S.SAVAGE

SICCNESS MOTHERFUCKER
Oct 25, 2011
EAST SAN JOSE
Yeah I feel you Shea and I have nothing against prayer and that's one of the times it actually makes sense to me for people to do that kind of stuff if they believe in it not like the two Facebook examples I gave a little earlier.

Trick might not have been the right word but a priest showed up out of nowhere and the next thing I know everyone is holding hands in a cirle. I wasn't about to be like "Nah I'm cool" in that situation so I just went along with it.
Word.

My best friend, who was a devout atheist before he was murdered in 06, said that when his Mom died ( which I remember well because I was there with him when he came across her body, still breastfeeding her infant son ) that his Dads church came together & prayed & helped his family out a lot.

& though he was an atheist, he said he had never felt a more positive spiritual connection with a group of people before & that it really helped him in getting past that time & his grief.

....again, not for everybody & everybody has their own thoughts & perspectives which I completely respect. I have never been one of those "believe or else" type people. I think that is dead wrong, & very off-putting.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
It pissed me off too that my aunt, uncle and her husband, all who are pretty religious people wouldn't let them do an autopsy afterwards because they wanted her to "be at peace and to go home" (their words). I know this was their decision and that other folks might have let them but she had a pretty rare condition that only shows up in any state once or twice a year. They could have probably learned more about how to treat it if they had so others didn't have to suffer through the same thing. Hell, the reason she was at the UW hospital was because it's so rare other DRs traveled from around the state and even Cali to try to help and also try to understand it. I felt like it was kind of a slap in their face for everything they did to not let them so they could try to understand how and why it happened and maybe help them treat other people with the same condition by doing so.

Like I said I know that was on them and all, but their reasoning behind it left me pretty sour to the whole thing yet again.

Last edited: