Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
idk aside from the general story which I'm not a fan of, I don't see the merits of what make star wars a good film, let alone a classic film series spanning two trilogies, acting, directing, writing, cinematography & pacing all together did nothing for me

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The films borrowed a lot from previous sci-fi films before them, but did so in a pretty stellar way that hadn't been seen before.

You've got to take into consideration what CG has done to a modern audience with practical effects/puppets/layered stage design.

Nah, those movies aren't that great now, and even less so since Lucas pimped them a few times after the fact, but given how they changed mainstream sci-fi, they have to be considered some of the greatest films ever made.

You rarely hear anybody talking about Star Wars based on acting merit.

It's the fantastic nature of the original series as a whole that keeps it among some of the most cherished films of all time.

No, I'm actually not a Star Wars or Star Trek fan at all.

I'm just keeping it real.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
The films borrowed a lot from previous sci-fi films before them, but did so in a pretty stellar way that hadn't been seen before.

You've got to take into consideration what CG has done to a modern audience with practical effects/puppets/layered stage design.

Nah, those movies aren't that great now, and even less so since Lucas pimped them a few times after the fact, but given how they changed mainstream sci-fi, they have to be considered some of the greatest films ever made.

You rarely hear anybody talking about Star Wars based on acting merit.

It's the fantastic nature of the original series as a whole that keeps it among some of the most cherished films of all time.

No, I'm actually not a Star Wars or Star Trek fan at all.

I'm just keeping it real.
Fair enough. I've just never been a fan and most likely never will be.

0R0

Girbaud Shuttle Jeans
Dec 10, 2006
BasedWorld
do you guys remember during a previous siccness lull when there were a series of threads like "what toothpaste do you use?" "what shampoo do you use?" etc?