Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DaGrimProphet

English Gentleman
Dec 23, 2014
UK
i think taking what people think to heart is part of the problem lol. does anybody here really truly take everything seriously? i insult myself probably 10 times a night say some crazy shit i shouldnt even be able to recover from like every other day

i have a fucking elsa avatar for christ sake. i need to reevaluate my life
I believe this is perhaps partly the result of a generational rift as I myself have grown up in a time where social media is the norm, narcissism is actively encouraged, and the standard photo is one of oneself called a fucking "selfie"

Whereas the generation most other siccness members grew up in followed message boards for topic and discussion rather than obsession over oneself.

This is linked into everything, even down to your generation buying albums and following artists, while my generation mostly never heard a full album before in their lives, they don't care about artists, they pick and choose which songs to illegally download focusing purely on their own interests as they are able to get it all their own way.

Although I actively try to avoid some of this conditioning by attempting to adopt cultural and behavioral aspects of a previous generation, I still unwillingly portray some undesirable characteristics of my generation which are ingrained into my personality.

EVERgREENRIDER

ResidentRocketScientist
Dec 18, 2008
At the Pump
start a conversation with another student. somebody you've never interacted with before.

and take lessons from your interactions on this site. don't try too hard to get anybody to like you, don't put yourself down when talking to someone, and don't tell them about drinking in your basement and smashing cds.
Sound advice