Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 29, 2005
PHX
Floyd is already one of the best ever, but his handpicked opponents, past their prime champions that he's beat and a couple sketchy decisions diminish his legacy to me. His cockiness makes me laugh, thats his best quality to me.

Cats like Robinson, Duran, Leonard, Hearns, etc... fought anyone and everyone. Their body work is much more fulfilling.
Who were past their prime outside of Gatti and Mosley? Some people say Oscar, but I can't even really bash him about the Oscar fight because Oscar was fucking massive compared to Floyd lol Floyd stepped way up in weight at the time to fight him. Even Gatti who is one of the most durable fighters in history wouldn't even come out of the corner for the 7th round because Floyd battered him so bad.

I never understood the hand picked opponents bullshit either. He gave Diego Corrales who was supposed to "pummel him" his first loss. Turned undefeated Ricky Hatton in to a shot fighter after destroying him so bad. At age 37 gave Canelo who was supposed to "pummel him" his first ever loss. Even a couple years ago Miguel Cotto was supposed to expose him and crush him before the fight, but after Floyd beat him the talk turned to "Cotto is past his prime" even though Floyd was the older fighter lol

Nov 18, 2010
calzaghe, rocky marciano among a few others all undefeated, so what?

sugar ray robinson 200 fights, over 100 knockouts, 91 fight win streak, never turned down shit, had nearly 10 fights a year and kept fighting after his prime and in a time where boxing was in its golden era.

There is no comparison.

Cut-Throat

Bob Pimp MOBBEN!!!
Apr 25, 2002
Hatten was just a slugger. Canelo wasn't close to ready. Cheap shotted Ortiz. De La Hoya won but his defensive style lost him the championship rounds. Cotto gave him a good fight but has he been the same since catchin bricks with his face?

For me its Floyd's ho hum way of winning. Im just gonna dance around and counterpunch. Which there is nothing at all wrong with. I liked the brawls we got we were growin up.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
For me its Floyd's ho hum way of winning. Im just gonna dance around and counterpunch. Which there is nothing at all wrong with. I liked the brawls we got we were growin up.
Some people who enjoy technique call it masterful, others who enjoy rock em sock em robots call it boring.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Lol canelo had to come down to 152
lol Floyd has fought at 147 or below the majority of his career. On fight night Canelo weighed 15lbs. more. Canelo was fucking massive compared to Floyd and still got tooled.