Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
S @Staci just wondering if at your theater there is a general consensus among management and corporate of like "oh great now no one is going to want to come to the movies this weekend" or like general mutterings along the lines of "Great now we're going to have to review security procedures and training in the coming weeks", like has the aurora colorado shooting become something of a headache at all?

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
S @Staci just wondering if at your theater there is a general consensus among management and corporate of like "oh great now no one is going to want to come to the movies this weekend" or like general mutterings along the lines of "Great now we're going to have to review security procedures and training in the coming weeks", like has the aurora colorado shooting become something of a headache at all?
My GM never even said a word about the incident to me tonight. We got like I think four e-mails from home office on the subject. One expressing the saddness blah blah blah of the situation (wasn't even a Regal theatre), one reminding us to be knowledgeable about all emergency scenerios and where they are found in the TMM, one reminding us that no one is permitted in the theatre with a mask on and to tell them to take it off (We get these for all super hero movies & around Halloween too, pretty sure the exact same e-mail too lol), and then one extending that to no prop/fake weapons allowed in the theatre all the way down to things like foam swords haha. Of course these were sent to all theatres and there will be no security procedures or training in the coming weeks because that costs money and they don't give that much of a fuck about it.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
I did have upwards of a dozen idiots call the theatre and ask me if we were still playing the movie. I'm sure there were more that I didn't answer. People are stupid as fuck.
lol i thought itd be a major pain in the ass like people showing up and asking if theres going to be armed security there, asking if police are going to be in the theater, just people being all paranoid and shit. corporate being all a pain in the ass telling you guys to look for suspicious people and react immediately and all that. or people just not showing up at all cause theyre all scared and hiding in their houses

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
lol i thought itd be a major pain in the ass like people showing up and asking if theres going to be armed security there, asking if police are going to be in the theater, just people being all paranoid and shit. corporate being all a pain in the ass telling you guys to look for suspicious people and react immediately and all that. or people just not showing up at all cause theyre all scared and hiding in their houses
We did have a few people ask if we had security, or if that's why the off duty officer was there, but I just told them one is here every night which is true. I'm sure we will get a few more e-mails from home office about things related to the shooting and stuff related to those types of situation but that's it. I think it did affect attendance across the US of course but not in a huge manner. We were only decently busy (didn't even hit 5,000... did like 4,750) but I think that's mostly because both Cinerame and I-Max @ PSC got it as well and while they might only be one screen they are both huge theatres.