Freedom Town: Aesthetic and Recreational Lawn Alternative

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
You drinking yet Nuttkase @Nuttkase ? K @KAH ? If so, cheers! *raises grapefruit juice and soda water*
Just downed a beer in the kitchen and cracked #2, cheers breh.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
It's stupid but it's for a good cause. You can say it's also attention whoring, it is to an extent, but in previous years during the awareness month for ALS (Lou Gehrig's Disease) they brought in around $1.5 million the whole month, this year it's already past $10 million.

One of my good friend's dad died from that and it is probably the most horrible thing I've ever watched someone die from and my cousin died a pretty horrible prolonged death too. It was crazy dude went from being super active and an avid runner to within 4 years of being diagnosed it took him 15 minutes to walk across the room and having crazy spasms, just really awful. He died a couple years after that after being in a persistent vegetative state for the better part of his last year.

So yeah it's dumb but if brings more awareness and money for research towards a cure then I'm all for it.

Plus it was just something a college dude started as a fundraiser only for his friend that went viral like a lot of things do these days and it went from there with people donating in general. Even if a lot of the people doing it aren't donating people are becoming aware from the videos and doing so.

I feel you. My dad was diagnosed with ALS, now they think it's a different muscle disease, but still aren't sure. Either way the Ice game just reaks of kony2012 or selfies for cancer awareness and the like. But that's cool if it's bringing in money for research.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
Snakegang @Snakegang I was trying to hide in here I'm on the run from that ban lol I see you mentioned me in the open forum

Oh well I'm sure it doesn't matter

This was a temp name til I get unbanned 08/22

Shit sorry breh.i was trying to celebrate your triumphant return

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I feel you. My dad was diagnosed with ALS, now they think it's a different muscle disease, but still aren't sure. Either way the Ice game just reaks of kony2012 or selfies for cancer awareness and the like. But that's cool if it's bringing in money for research.
Sorry to hear about your dad but at least they don't think it's ALS anymore it sounds like. Kony2012 was some other shit but yeah it's similar to the selfies for cancer thing for sure. But I mean that's how people get messages out now of days I guess and it seems to work to an extent even if it is somewhat self indulgent.

I always liked this quote by George Steinbrenner about charity work, donating, etc even though I don't believe in karma which is stated in the first sentence.

I believe the good you do for others comes back to you, he says. But if you do something good for some person and more than two people know about it—you and the other person—then you didn't do it for the right reason.

Aug 26, 2002
Hard Times
Sorry to hear about your dad but at least they don't think it's ALS anymore it sounds like. Kony2012 was some other shit but yeah it's similar to the selfies for cancer thing for sure. But I mean that's how people get messages out now of days I guess and it seems to work to an extent even if it is somewhat self indulgent.

I always liked this quote by George Steinbrenner about charity work, donating, etc even though I don't believe in karma which is stated in the first sentence.

Never heard that quote before, but I like it. My dad basically died from a heart attack ten years ago and has been given a few years to live twice since then and is still around and doing ok, so I have hope. He's about to have a new muscle biopsy to see if it's for sure not ALS or if it's something related. He's cool tho and has lived a full life, hopefully he has another 10 years in him. Sorry for the long seriousish post

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Never heard that quote before, but I like it. My dad basically died from a heart attack ten years ago and has been given a few years to live twice since then and is still around and doing ok, so I have hope. He's about to have a new muscle biopsy to see if it's for sure not ALS or if it's something related. He's cool tho and has lived a full life, hopefully he has another 10 years in him. Sorry for the long seriousish post
Sounds like your dad is a trooper man. If anything that shows you can't always go by what doctors say when it comes to things like that. You and your family are in my thoughts bro. Hope everything comes back as good as it can be with the new muscle biopsy.