Euthanasia - Should Amerikans have the right to assisted suicide?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Yes or no?

• Total voters
Mar 12, 2005
2-0-Sixx said:
I think the problem that some Christians may have is that they believe if you commit suicide you’re committing the ultimate sin.
That's True and this is one of those types of threads where you get real philosophical and put religion aside. But knowing me I'll put religion or my beliefs into play. Honestly as much as I hate the Gay lifestyle, I can't really tell a gay man or woman not to be gay, technically speaking I have the right to but if they're not willing to change then so be it. Contrary to popular beliefs on what christians view on euthanasia, I am actually for it. But since this thread is meant for euthanasia on humans or assisted suicide I'm kinda flaky on it. If you're a christian or just a man in general who abides by strong morals, ethics and the laws of nature you most likely wouldn't help in assisting in another man's death, whether it be consensual or not. But with that said, they have as much right to request that another person kill them than anyone with rights in General. It's their life, not ours. I just wonder what the emotions of the man/woman who helped assist in their death would be like.

Like I said if it's not me killing the person, why should I concern myself with another man's actions when I shouldn't be held accountable for it. I am my brother's keeper, but not his overseer.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
anyone who takes religion into consideration on this subject should not have a hand in enacting or prohibiting a law involving assisted suicide. i should have the right to kill myself and not be forced to suffer because some douchebags god sees it as the ultimate sin.

MzCiN

Sicc OG
Apr 13, 2007
Dana Dane said:
I believe that if you have a terminal illness, and are pretty much guaranteed to suffer the rest of your days, then you should 100% have the right to end it yourself. It can potentially save you and your family a lot of grief and money.

i agree with that. if ur in the right state of mind. and ur in pain and agony just waiting to die. who the hell are they to deprive u of ur will.... if someone in that position believes its best for them to end it sooner than later i think let them. i do believe in god and i believe that only god can take ur life since he gave it to u.... but damn if that was me i dont know i wouldnt wanna be in pain just layin on a hospital bed waiting to die while my familys dead broke payin my hospital bills. fuck that