Does anyone actually care about the Pope?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
I guess it really depends on who you ask.

No shit. That's kind of my point. EVERYTHING depends on who you ask.

Does God exist? Depends on who you ask.

You you like rap? Depends on who you ask.

I could keep going, but I don't wanna waste anymore time explaining something this simple.

Feb 9, 2003
Sixxness said:
No shit. That's kind of my point. EVERYTHING depends on who you ask.

Does God exist? Depends on who you ask.

You you like rap? Depends on who you ask.

I could keep going, but I don't wanna waste anymore time explaining something this simple.
I was purposely being redundant you moron.

Dec 25, 2003
My parents church is a small church of 150 people. I know the pastor personally. He has taken in 2 people dying from AIDS. His church nets just enough in donations to stay open, including rental space, etc. He makes little or nothing from the tithes. Dude is 60-something plus, and he keeps down a day job to pay the bills.

I grew up Christian...we ran the gamut from small to large churches...and often I saw the same financial struggles occuring in many places. I saw people who were dedicated to helping others in their community, and making a genuine effort to make the world a better place, regardless of the fact that they bundled that with preaching.

Everyone who says the church is a corrupt moneymaking device better be referring to the organized Catholic church. Non-Catholic Christian churches very often get by on nothing but blood, sweat, and tears poured into keeping the place running and keeping the message strong.

Whether or not I agree with this message is beside the point. Most preachers live in near-poverty to do what they do, and many people in church spend their time, money, and energy giving to a cause they believe in, something most church-bashers don't even do.

There are corrupt church institutions. There are televangeslists who are in it for the money. But what you have to do is take it down to the bible, and go out and really see for yourself how real christians do it. I know people from my family's church who know I'm not a christian, even know I was a satanist at one time, and would be willing to give me money, food, shelter, a ride, whatever I needed, whatever time of day or night, and they would do the same for anyone in this room.

Dude from my parents church caught somebody robbin his house and he was like "when you're done robbing me you want to have some coffee" lmao. And he was for real too. He made coffee and shit for the dude, and they sat down and talked. The christian guy offered to the dude that he could keep everything he took, and he wouldn't call the police. Dude refused and gave all the shit back. That's real as fuck right there. Half of you people speakin down on the church haven't known or met real christians. These are people who really are "down for their shit".

Regardless of the fact that I believe they live a lie in order to qualm their fears about death and personal guilt, they are willing to do anything up to/including dying for their beliefs...something most of y'all wouldn't do.

Dec 13, 2003
THA RIPPA said:
Why is Ironic Commando insising that MexicanCommando prove first? Hes the idiot who brought up a point that he couldnt defend first.

i dont have to prove my point. its been said a thousand times over on this board. also the words "prove first" never came from my finger tips. i dont care if he proves it or not...my point im making is this...if it hasnt already been said on this board before...then it is no point in me reiterating it. i understand you were going for a cheap shot by calling my an "idiot"...but the truth of the matter is...you dont know me...nor did i ever address you. sorry for ignoring you...you have my attention. now im going to ask you to prove that im an idiot. stand by what you say and dont make empty statements to get a rise out of someone who could care less.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
I was purposely being redundant you moron.

Funny, but you always say the same shit over and over. I can play that stupid ass game, just like you do...PRETTY FUCKIN STUPID HUH? Yeah, thought so, so don't say stupid shit anymore.

I AM

Some Random Asshole
Apr 25, 2002
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
I could say the same to you but I'm afraid that you'd never post again.

:(

LOL...Keep doin what you're doin....Don't worry about what I do or say.