Did Buddha and his crew smoke buddha?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 14, 2002
Ok but I don't understand though, why is not smoking weed and then not pray 'better' then smoke weed and pray while being intoxicated?

Apr 13, 2007
www.myspace.com
NAH HE SAID IF YOU DONT PRAY AND DONT SMOKE, IT'S WORSE THAN IF YOU DID SMOKE AND PRAY CUZ IT'S A SIN TO NOT PRAY WHEN YOU ARE HEALTHY AND ABLE TO DO SO.

FOR SOME REASON, WHEN IM COMING DOWN, I FIND IT MUCH EASIER TO FOCUS WHEN IM PRAYING WHILE SOMETIMES WHEN IM SOBER, MY MIND DRIFTS OFF AND IM NOT ABLE TO CONCENTRATE. I NEVER PRAY WHEN IM HIGH THO. I USED TO, BUT MY BOY TOLD ME ITS NOT REALLY MORALLY ACCEPTED AND IT KINDA MADE SENSE. I JUST PRAY AND THEN SMOKE.

OFCOURSE I LIKE TO SMOKE FOR THE 'PLEASURE' BUT I REMMEMBER YESTERDAY, I HAD A BAD STOMACHACHE AND I JUST DIDNT WANT TO EAT AND IF I DID, I'D FEEL LIKE THROWING UP. AFTER A FEW BONG RIPS AND GOING OFF TO LALA LAND, MY STOMACHE ACHE WAS GONE AND AFTER I CAME DOWN, I WAS HUNGRY AND ATE WELL.

ALSO, WHEN I WAS YOUNGER, I ALWAYS HAD THESE BAD MIGRAINES AND I REMMEMBER A FEW TIMES WHEN I DID SMOKE, IT WOULD MAKE IT WORSE. I'D PREFER TYLENOL OVER CANIBUS TO TREAT MY HEADACHES.

May 14, 2002
Oh damn, my fault.
I terribly misread that.

You say you need to focus and be able to concentrate. Could you explain the process of what you do while you pray? If you don't mind me asking that is.

Apr 21, 2010
Ok but I don't understand though, why is not smoking weed and then not pray 'better' then smoke weed and pray while being intoxicated?
Basically if you don't pray, that is hands down really bad.
If you do pray, then that is avoiding one of the biggest sins out there.

Blasphemy, drinking alcohol, and not praying are like HUGE no-no's. As long as you are avoiding those, the other 'smaller' sins like for girls not to wear a scarf, and some people that smoke weed for pleasure are not as big of a deal.

You cannot pray if you have consumed alcohol and you can still feel the affects, or if you have anything on your skin, hair, etc. that has alcohol in it because it is considered najas (filth), and it would be considered the same as having blood or poop on you (which is not acceptable to have on you while praying).

I haven't asked if smoking right before you pray is acceptable or not, but I know some of the smaller sins, like for girls not to wear a scarf is not acceptable during prayer. For a woman's prayer to be accepted she must cover everything except her face, hands and feet. She also can't pray while she's on her period because of the fact that she's constantly having najas (filth) on her body, so therefore she cannot pray.

I guess you can also compare it to girls that wear scarves that don't pray everyday compared to girls that don't wear a scarf but do pray everyday.

Although looks can be deceiving, the scarf girl who doesn't pray regularly is committing way bigger of a sin than a girl that shows off her body and hair, but prays 5 times a day (she must cover up for the prayer though, which is not hard to do, there are huge robes they throw on).

Lol, maybe we should have a Islamic Questions thread, I guess I know more than I realize. haha.

May 14, 2002
@ Smile, you speak from a muslim point of view.
There (I believe) drinking alcohol is a sin.
But didn't Jesus (or prophet Isa, as known in the quran to my knowledge) drink wine?

And the girls have to wear headscarf to make them less attractive for men, right?
But sometimes I see woman wearing these scarfs and they look really sexy though.

Apr 21, 2010
Being educated about many different faiths including a very misrepresented one in the U.S. does not mean that I hold fast to that religion. Plus Muslims LOVE teaching their religion, so its not hard information to get really.

Yes, In the Christian's account of Prophet Jesus (which is the bible of course, and is considered blasphemous because they claim things that the basic conditions of Islam do not allow, like the fact that Jesus is somehow "part" of God, and in the Muslim definition of God, he is without a place and anything you imagine God to be, is different. Therefore no physical representation can be given to God, and that includes any of the 300 or so prophets and messengers that Muslims acknowledge.) he was drinking wine in the bible.

The religious reason women wear head scarves is to avoid lustful glances from the opposite sex, and help men to not look at women lustfully.

It's also considered a small sin for men to look at any women lustfully, whether or not the woman has a headscarf.
It's the same if a woman looks a man lustfully.

Pak Dan, you must have not read my post carefully, I was saying that a woman CANNOT have a valid prayer without covering everything (including the awra) except her face, hands and feet.

Apr 21, 2010
Btw, if a woman wears a scarf on a daily basis, but takes pictures without her scarf on and marriageable men see it, it is not a sin. A picture is considered the same as seeing only a shadow of someone.

May 14, 2002
@Smile, I wasn't referring to to all differences about Jesus/Isa between christians and muslims.
But rather to the wine drinking in the new testament. I wondered if according to islam he drank wine or not, because you say it's a sin to drink alcohol.

May 14, 2002
Strange.... because to my understanding drinking wine always has been a big part of christianity.. The blood of Christ and what not...?