Castlevania: Lords of Shadow

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
Why are you buying an American game from that site? What's different in the Chinese version?
Because I only have an NTSC-J console and the American version is region locked.

Tier 1 Edition has I believe 1 or 2 extra levels.

In general, Chinese versions of games vary from case to case. Some are exactly the same, while others have extras or english subtitles over japanese audio.

I usually by Japanese versions but if I need a game in English and it's region locked then the Chinese version is usually the only way to go about playing it.

In general they typically cost less than American or Japanese releases.

Dead Blue

Smokin Bud
Nov 14, 2008
CALIFORNIA
I'd say it took me 30 hours to play through. Keep in mind I DIDN'T BACKTRACK AT ALL.

The combat can be challenging if you expect to just mash buttons but if you learn how to perfect block and a few combos, it's really a breeze. (this is much quicker than the youtube vids you see of people doing 1-2-move, 1-2-move) Most of the bosses have simple patterns as well that you can exploit.

May 4, 2002
I'd say it took me 30 hours to play through. Keep in mind I DIDN'T BACKTRACK AT ALL.

The combat can be challenging if you expect to just mash buttons but if you learn how to perfect block and a few combos, it's really a breeze. (this is much quicker than the youtube vids you see of people doing 1-2-move, 1-2-move) Most of the bosses have simple patterns as well that you can exploit.
What's up with the white circles when u jump on a creature? How do u know what button to press? Like with the bog monster it was x for the first 2 sets then y for the third set.

May 6, 2002
That ending opened the doors for a sequel.

You know, I will admit that the game isn't very good unless you are into the plot and the history of Castlevania itself. You have to be a Castlevania fan to begin with...

May 9, 2002
That ending opened the doors for a sequel.

You know, I will admit that the game isn't very good unless you are into the plot and the history of Castlevania itself. You have to be a Castlevania fan to begin with...
Im a HUGE Castlevania fan, and i hated this game.

I would say that you need to NOT be a Castlevania fan to like this, becuase the connections and feel are just NOT there. However, I didn't like this game either way.

May 2, 2007
www.wevegotthejazz.com
The DS games are definitely dope.

And, I agree with IPIM, in that, you don't have to be a Castlevania fan to enjoy this.

It could have been called something completely different, and change dude's last name, and it still would have been a good game.

Different strokes and whatnot, though.

May 6, 2002
Bad reviews online but I ignored them.

So I just played the first level. The majority of it is story line. You kill about 15 enemies and then solve some stupid puzzle. Level over.

Two more levels.
If they are both like that I am going to be furious.