Bling-bling Jesus

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
the bible says many many things, but how many do we accept, and how many do we just blow off? The bible also says are sins are equal, with the exception of blasphemy. He won't burn in hell for this one move....because it holds just as much weight as telling a lie, pre-marital sex, or murder. Jesus died on the cross for the salvation of man, offering forgivness for our sins, and the bible says that if we are saved, and pray for forgivness, we will be forgiven. However, it also says, it is more difficult for a rich man to enter the kingdom of heaven, than it is for a camel to fit through the head on a needle....

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Actually, no it doesn't. It says a bunch of shit in Aramaic, Hebrew and Greek, that has been translated the way someone wants you to believe it.

Rich doesn't just mean lots of money....rich means: stingy, not giving money to peasants, not paying your rightful amount of taxes, and so on. This is the main idea at play.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
I don't need you to tell me what you think the bible says, when you don't believe in it. We'll keep it at that...and it actually says WEALTHY.....but since you apparently know such much about the bible, you knew that right? Obviously not with your translation compadre

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ I dont think you seem to understand how Semitic languages work, champion. Do you even know what a Semitic language IS? Do you know which out of Greek, Aramaic and Hebrew is/are the semitic language(s)?

Take a look at a Hans Wehr dictionary, friend, and then you can speak to me of the multiplicy of definitions in the Semitic languages, and how much this is related to the intricacies of TRI-root system.

Until then, you're just another little shit-talking Bible thumper that thinks he knows everything, when really, you are ignorant. I would bet my left nut you don't know Greek, [Biblical] Hebrew, Aramaic, Assyrian, Arabic, Egyptian, and so on.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
nice try to make yourself sound educated...what I was saying was about the ENGLISH WORD wealthy and what your translation of what the bible says...are not the same thing at all. You saw that I wrote "rich" instead of wealthy, and then thought you knew what you were talking about. You're wrong, as usual. You can keep your greek, hebrew...etc. It doesn't take being a multi-lingual scholar to understand the bible. It takes an open heart and faith in God hero. Tuition can't buy you that. you still have a lot to learn grasshopper

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
^^ Yes, much more to learn, although i already comprehend much more than you yourself are capable of.

I see you still have no knowledge of what a Semitic language is, and you just fired off your response without doing any research.....fair enough. What i am telling you, sport, is that the translation you picked up of the word WEALTHY, RICH and so on--it really makes no difference--is tantamount to the definitions that i provided.

See, champion, in Semitic languages, unlike English, there are times when the translation of a word isn't precise; shall i look up a word for you to prove my point? Yes, lets do that.

rasm - drawing (e.g., as a subject in school); pl. rusum, rusumat) a drawing; sketch; graph; picture; photograph; illustration; pattern (e.g., on a fabric); -- trace, impression; designation, mark; inscription, legend; record, notes; (official) document, (legal) instrument; writing; design; prescription, regulation; ceremony, form, formality; rate, fee, tax, due................are you getting the point yet? Here, we have anything from photograph, to drawing, to inscription--all of which are completely different. The first is chemical-based, the second refers to mostly pictographic representations, and the last refers to mostly written interpretations.

Friend, you can thump your bible and memorize passages until your brain is sore. But if you don't understand that there is more than 1 (indeed, more than one HUNDRED) definitions of the words 'Rich' and 'Wealthy', then you are even more clueless having read the Bible, than you were before having read it.

Good day, sir.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
And i have never taken a class on or paid tuition towards Semitic languages, friend; it is something i have taught myself. You ought to look into the whole "teaching yourself" thing, you can learn quite a bit.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
it's when you "look too hard" that you miss the simple meaning of the bible. You can look up words in all the languages in existence from the bible, but it's really not that hard to comprehend. You can read the bible 10 times, and each time, scripture can mean something different to you, that why I pray before I read, that the Lord would let me comprehend the word as he wants me to see it, and apply it to my life accordingly. So like I said, it's not difficult. You just need faith and a heart open to God. I have taught myself plenty, friend. It may not be in foreign languages like yourself, but I'm sure there are plenty of things that I know that you don't, but I'm not going to sit here and pretend I am in some way shape or form, better than yourself.....cause that's just lame and isn't within the realm of Christianity brother. There are also words in English that have various meanings due to dialect alone. Does that mean that I can't pick up a best seller on the New York times list and have no idea what the author is trying to say if he's from wisconsin and they speak differently than they do in watsonville california? no...it doesn't. AND, there are such things are STUDY BIBLES, translated by men that hold 10 times the knowledge of languages than you'll have in this lifetime....so the average bible thumping low life like myself could understand if his heart wasn't open and accepting to God's word

Jul 24, 2004
ALRIGHT LACE YOU UP MAN, LET ME TAKE OUT A LOAN AND CASH MY WELFAIR CHECK AND I MIGHT BE ABLE TO SWING THE 2 TACOS.. THE BURRITO SOUNDS KINDA PRICIE THO ESE..... LMAO...

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Indeed, friend. But just as Muslims read the Quran in Arabic, and the Jewish read their Torah and Talmud in Hebrew/Aramaic, I would suggest you learn to read your own Christian writings in the original Greek, Biblical Hebrew and Aramaic, instead of relying on English translations verbatim, solely because you believe them to have been translated by reputable men--which may or may not have been the case.

Look no further than the Quran, for one, and you will find no less than 5 different interpretations of it per 5 translators. So how can you put your complete faith in one or a few translations of the Bible, in Shakesperian English, written hundreds of years ago? You simply cannot. So then, how can you call into question another man's interpretation of the Bible, when you yourself are basing your arguement on a translation, and not the real word? ...You cannot.

Semitic languages, sport; look into them. Greek as well, although those were mostly the New Testament writings. I will even direct you to some good books that you might use to further your study.

And for the record....languages are not a closed society, like Chemistry or Physics, champion. I can and will learn and command as many of them as I would like, and no uni-lingual sap will convince me otherwise.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Mas o menos, si...un idioma, dos idomas...todavia no es mucho, no? Yo quisiera hablar...como...seis o siete idiomas. Primero, Espanol.....y despues, frances, portugues, italiano, latin (todos son idiomas romanticos...mas facil que aleman, o japones, o chino, etc.).....no se, es complicado. Es el sueno que me gustaria realizar. Pero, ¿sabes una cosa? Cada persona en mi familia habla ingles, y solo ingles....es extrano.

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
Either way, all i was trying to say was that wealthy/rich doesn't necessarily just mean you have lots of money. Muhammad (pbuh) was a very wealthy time at his death, and if people think he is going to hell (in the Biblical or Quranic sense), they are crazy in the head.

What was meant was rich people who are miserly, stingy and greedy. People who allow others around them to live like savages, while they make and retain all the money. The type that would want to be buried with their money, instead of giving it to the people. Or at least, that is what i read into it.

Jul 21, 2002
Oklahoma
www.youtube.com
sweet Jesus.....this whole time you're arguing with me, when you didn't even hear me say my interpretation of it. That's exactly what it means. Not too terribly many wealthy people give glory to God, because they have whatever they want at their disposal here on the earth you dig? That's exactly what it means. It doesn't mean that all rich people are going to hell, that goes against the essence of Christianity itself aswell. It's very simple to get into heaven according to the bible, but very easy to mess things up for yourself on the same token