Anyone bump Floyd, Zepellin, Sublime, etc.?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
I know I do!

I'm a huge Sublime fan, I have all the albums, a couple vinyls, shit like that. I dont think there's a bad thing about them. Lyrics/Vocals are always on point, the guitar is just right, not too heavy, the steel drums, DJ...i'm feelin it.

I've also been on a huge Floyd kick. Probably because of my lifestyle. Dark Side of the Moon has to be one of the best albums of all time.

Same with Led Zepellin I-IV and HotH.

I dont really have much to discuss, but hopefully I'll find a few heads on here that are down, or maybe a few heads will end up checkin' them out.

Peace-

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
I have always been a fan of Sublime...great band. You really can't catagorize what style they had. It is a shame Brad (RIP) had to pass away so early in his and the bands life.

It is weird though...I am a huge fan of alot of different kinds of rock music but I have never been a big fan of 1960 and 1970's rock. The two decades alot of people said were the best years for rock. I just can't get into alot of the stuff. There are songs by some of the legends I like and a few groups I really like.

I like The Doors alot...almost all of their stuff. Same goes for Hendrix and Cream.

I have never really liked any of Zepellins music at all. I have heard it countless times and try to get into but I can't. With Floyd it is kind of hit and miss with me. Either I think the song is great or that it is crap.

Most of the 1970's music I like is in the mid to late 70's with the start of Punk.

Nuttkace

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Stealth said:
I know I do!

I'm a huge Sublime fan, I have all the albums, a couple vinyls, shit like that. I dont think there's a bad thing about them. Lyrics/Vocals are always on point, the guitar is just right, not too heavy, the steel drums, DJ...i'm feelin it.

I've also been on a huge Floyd kick. Probably because of my lifestyle. Dark Side of the Moon has to be one of the best albums of all time.

Same with Led Zepellin I-IV and HotH.

I dont really have much to discuss, but hopefully I'll find a few heads on here that are down, or maybe a few heads will end up checkin' them out.

Peace-
I agree, great musicians/bands you listed there, all three of them are legends in my book.
Quick question, do you shroom a lot?

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i bump pink floyd and zepellin on probably a weekly basis...more floyd than zep though,on of my favorite bands of all time.i am always drawn to more unique sounds like they have.i was raised on these 2 bands,and i think that influences my tastes in rock music to this day. like tool for example,tool and floyd are very similiar as far as their music goes...both very instrumental with long songs with a lot of changes in pace,and different breakdowns. its an exp. when you listen to their albums,not many albums these days accomplish that.where you just zone out listening to their album

Stealth

May 8, 2002
@Nuttkase - I was never really into any of that 1960s-1970s stuff either. I still really can't get into the Doors, Beatles, Stones, etc. Some Hendrix is cool though. But I never knew shit or heard shit from Floyd or Zepellin, and a lot of my buddies were listening to that shit for years. Then one day my buddy burned me Led Zepellin Albums I, II, III, IV, and Houses of the Holy for Christmas a few years ago, and I'd just drive around my car and listen to that shit. If you have a couple of dollars, I'd go out and buy II, and listen to a few times. Just try to zone out a little bit if you can.

Pink Floyd is a different story altogether. My buddy played Dark Side of the Moon for me the first time I smoked weed and didn't really appreciate it. After I got on my Zepellin kick, it made me realize that there is a lot more out there than just hip hop and rap, so I figured I'd expand my horizon. I had to go on a 5 hour long road trip by myself, so on the way I stopped at the CD store and looked around and just threw on Dark Side of the Moon. The first 30 seconds - minute of the album is pretty quiet except for a few drums. You're supposed to stop paying attention and just kind of get lost in your thoughts, and then all of the sudden the album kicks on. You have to listen to it the whole way through and kind of relax and not be with anybody. After a while, you start to get a growing appreciation for all of it.

I highly recommend you buy Dark Side of the Moon, I think its one of my top 10 albums up there with Me Against the World, East 1999, Anghellic, etc.

Quick question, do you shroom a lot?
I used to love drugs, but sadly when I was going through my big drug phase I just listened to a lot of rap. I love to think and i'm very introspective, so shrooming was my favorite. One night I ate a half ounce of mushrooms though, and I got a complete trip and after that I've never been able to enjoy them. I really didn't start listening to that kind of music until I got a little more mature and I tried to relax and not have such a temper all the time and stuff. I started to accept other types of music and shit like that, and I'd listen to music in different situations. Like when I came home I'd just turn off the TV and listen to Floyd for an hour laying on the couch with my eyes closed. That's just me personally though. But, it may help to answer your question to say I"m a huge pothead :devious:

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Who hasn't atleast listened to any of the bands listed above atleast once? You would have to be extremely inexperienced when it comes to music if that was the case, or stubborn with genres. All great bands.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
Word, Dark Side Of The Moon is a bad ass album. I may be wrong, but I believe that is one of the top selling albums of all time. Ever watch The Dark Side Of The Moon to The Wizard Of Oz? If not, you should, now that shits crazy. The Wall was pretty insane too, even the video.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
There's an Omnimax in Pittsburgh, and every Friday/Saturday night they have a laser show to Dark Side of the Moon or the Wall. Everybody just comes in blazed or drunk or tripping or whatever, sits back for an hour in these comfortable ass chairs, and watches the laser show while they zone out to Floyd. If anybody ever comes out this way, DEFINATELY hit it up.

SRD420

RAGE-REST-REPEAT
Oct 12, 2004
Minnesota
^ ^ ^ yea, they do that laser show here too, but not as often as you. I think it rolls around like once or twice a year, but I never did a get a chance to check it out, I always wanted to though, so yea Imma try and catch it next time I hear about it. But for real, if you haven't seen that Wizard Of Oz thing, you must. All the sounds of the album go right with the movie, its crazy-insane.