Another religous belief shattered by science

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.idealsentertainment.com
Mormon's are SLIGHTLY different than the normal "Christian". If you're going to say otherwise, you have to say the same about Jehova's witnesses. I know one common difference...and that is, Jehova's witnesses and mormons always try to get people to go to their church and believe what they believe. If you don't, some of them will talk shit and try to damn you to hell. Yea, that's a common Christian Practice, to go to peoples homes and try to "convert" them. If Mormons are Christians, they wouldn't have tried to change me when I told them I was a Roman Catholic.

I'm gonna have to go with Nicoya, they are leaning towards the "Cult" side....just a tad.

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
CcytzO said:
SO ARE THEY SAYIN THAT INDIANS DIDNT ORIGINATE FROM ASIA???? IF NOT THEN WHERE THE HELL DID THEY COME FROM????

Siberia. I've never heard that the Natives came from Asia, I always heard they came from Siberia...but who knows? Ask a native where they came from, maybe somebody has the REAL answer.

Dec 25, 2003
Siberia = Asia. Most scientists generally agree that Native Americans were an Asiatic group that crossed the Pacific over the Alaskan landbridge, or possibly before the continental divide.

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Sydal I hate to tell you this but no mormon's have ever tried to damn you to hell. Mormon's don't really believe in hell like catholics do. So that's just false. . .And to say Mormon's aren't christian just proves how much all of you really know about the LDS church. . .

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
^^^^
The whole "Damn you to hell part" was just an exaggeration man, calm down it ain't that serious. The rest of what I said, ALL TRUE!! I do know how Mormons are, a couple of my friends growing up were mormons, and they always tried to tell me I was wrong in how I live, and that I should go to their church and try to learn their ways. My grandma also tried to raise my dad Mormon, he told me how it was and why he didn't stick to that. I'm sorry, but the only Christians that try to force shit on you and talk like that are Born Again Christians, who are extremists and a lot of the time don't even go to a REAL church. They usually go to a Church where EVERYBODY is a nutcase and the "priests" don't even dress like they should be running mass, (I've been to a couple of those places before too, because my ex is a born again).

Anyhow, my whole point is, Christians and Catholics, who are normal, do not try to push shit onto the next person. They understand that you can pray to whoever you pray to, from a toilet, if that's how you want to do it. Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses, and Born Agains are EXTREMISTS!! Why are these the only people that go door to door trying to get you to see it their way?? Why do Mormons have commercials advertising the Church of JC & LDS? When was the last time you saw a Catholic advertisement on television telling you basically to go to the church? I mean sure, you can call them Christians if they believe in Christ, right? I agree...but I don't agree that their method of practice is even remotely close to the Christian practice. That's what I've gathered being around such people.

I'm not even saying Mormons and such are wrong, I'm just stating that they have totally different methods of religious practice and even some different beliefs.

Feb 9, 2003
WHITE DEVIL said:
Siberia = Asia. Most scientists generally agree that Native Americans were an Asiatic group that crossed the Pacific over the Alaskan landbridge, or possibly before the continental divide.
I've read there are human skulls that outdate the whole landbridge thing.

Jun 17, 2004
I can't stand mormans and their opinions on things. theres a series of laws here in utah that have been around for more than a hundred years that are obviously morman influenced.. pointless laws like u cant buy alcohol on sundays before noon. fortunately they are on an agenda to change these old age morman influenced laws, theyve changed alot of them already, utah is considered less conservative than the carolinas.

unlike most people's misconceptions they aren't some extreme cult, they (liek any other christian) use the bible as reference. they are just a more conservative branch of christians. They are also usually republican voters (another thing i cant stand is republicans).

I'm not suprised some shit got disproved in their beliefs...

i'm not an athiest but i personally don't believe in any religion so far (except maybe buddhism). I was raised christian and if u think about it the stories in the bible are just as credible as some crazy native american religous origin story.... the bible claims god created the earth (along with man) in 7 days? if it was a book of god it would not say this, considering the earth was billions of years old when we came into existence. adam and eve were immortal until a snake(the devil) convinced them to eat an apple. I mean c'mon do u believe in santa clause also?
I know i'll get some heat for talkin about the bible like this but maybe before u defend it u should stop and think about how the book which ur religion is pretty much based on has stories that are just as credible as any native american religious story u learned in elementry school.

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Sydal said:
^^^^
The whole "Damn you to hell part" was just an exaggeration man, calm down it ain't that serious. The rest of what I said, ALL TRUE!! I do know how Mormons are, a couple of my friends growing up were mormons, and they always tried to tell me I was wrong in how I live, and that I should go to their church and try to learn their ways. My grandma also tried to raise my dad Mormon, he told me how it was and why he didn't stick to that. I'm sorry, but the only Christians that try to force shit on you and talk like that are Born Again Christians, who are extremists and a lot of the time don't even go to a REAL church. They usually go to a Church where EVERYBODY is a nutcase and the "priests" don't even dress like they should be running mass, (I've been to a couple of those places before too, because my ex is a born again).

Anyhow, my whole point is, Christians and Catholics, who are normal, do not try to push shit onto the next person. They understand that you can pray to whoever you pray to, from a toilet, if that's how you want to do it. Mormons, Jehovas Witnesses, and Born Agains are EXTREMISTS!! Why are these the only people that go door to door trying to get you to see it their way?? Why do Mormons have commercials advertising the Church of JC & LDS? When was the last time you saw a Catholic advertisement on television telling you basically to go to the church? I mean sure, you can call them Christians if they believe in Christ, right? I agree...but I don't agree that their method of practice is even remotely close to the Christian practice. That's what I've gathered being around such people.

I'm not even saying Mormons and such are wrong, I'm just stating that they have totally different methods of religious practice and even some different beliefs.

I am calm I just don't like when people get on here and say shit with no real truth behind. So honestly I don't have a problem with talking about things and agreeing or disagreeing but at least come real. Like I said no mormon has ever damned you to hell. And I highly doubt any mormon has ever tried to push they're beliefs on you. They do what they think is right by spreading the gospel. Which makes sense to me and it is what a christian would do. Your basicly saying no because you can pray for people from anywhere? That makes no sense. If what you believed was true and the way to spend eternity in paradise you would share that. So why don't catholics? Because that would make them extreamist? Spreading truth and the way to heaven? That makes them extreamist and not christian? You can sit here and talk shit about mormon's all you want but don't get me started on catholics. We all know the catholic church is full of holes and has a lot of problems. Most of which would never happen if it was the true house of god. . .

Anyways I have a problem with church as a whole because it's ran by man. and men make mistakes so I'd rather research for myself and find my own truth. The LDS church has problems but comin on here and callin extremist is just bullshit. They aren't setting up shop in the mountains with rifles and explosives waiting for armegedon. Most mormon's are good people and are just more strict about what they believe. And in today's society that keeps them from really seeming in touch with things. But that don't make them wrong or extreamist. . .

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Sydal said:
^^^^
I'm sorry, but the only Christians that try to force shit on you and talk like that are Born Again Christians, who are extremists and a lot of the time don't even go to a REAL church. They usually go to a Church where EVERYBODY is a nutcase and the "priests" don't even dress like they should be running mass, (I've been to a couple of those places before too, because my ex is a born again).

QUOTE]

I hate to tell you this but if part of your church and how close you are to god is decided by the way your dressed it's pure bullshit. You think god cares if I show up to church wearin a dikies suit and chuks? Hell no. And because the pope has a bigger hat then me he's closer to god? lol please

tadou

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
www.Tadou.com
MEXICANCOMMANDO said:
I've read there are human skulls that outdate the whole landbridge thing.
There is also a boat theory.

And look up Kennewick Man as well. It makes no sense that a man with European features would be found in the same time period as Asians who, presumably, crossed over by "accident".

Sydal

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
AOD said:
Sydal said:
^^^^
I'm sorry, but the only Christians that try to force shit on you and talk like that are Born Again Christians, who are extremists and a lot of the time don't even go to a REAL church. They usually go to a Church where EVERYBODY is a nutcase and the "priests" don't even dress like they should be running mass, (I've been to a couple of those places before too, because my ex is a born again).

QUOTE]

I hate to tell you this but if part of your church and how close you are to god is decided by the way your dressed it's pure bullshit. You think god cares if I show up to church wearin a dikies suit and chuks? Hell no. And because the pope has a bigger hat then me he's closer to god? lol please
Call me old fashion then. I can't go to a place where the "priest" says AWESOME and plays a guitar...where there are no crosses present. What kind of church is that again?

About the mormons, back 'em up all you want, I've seen what I've seen from them. YES, they have tried to force their shit on me. Do I have to make some MORE valid points here? When was the last time a Christian or Catholic cat came to your door, and tried to get you to become one of them?

You know, there's probably scandal in every church, you just hear about the Catholic more because light has already been shed on it. Don't fool yourself man...why can't you admit they are Extremists? You don't have to be in the mountains with a rifle to be extreme..EXTREME means you take it to a different level, and push it on people, that is extreme. I've already stated examples but you still say I don't know what I'm talkin about.

Umm, what else? Oh, I wouldn't say the Catholic Religion is really Christian either, they have DIFFERENT BELIEFS. While Catholicism is based on Christianity, a lot of our focus is on Mary, we have different rules, different ways. Can you accept the same for the Mormon religion? It's different. While being Christian based, it is DIFFERENT.

Next time you see a Catholic or a non-mormon Christian at your front door, let me know. My arguments here are perfectly valid yet I don't see anything really countering them. I believe what I believe, but with cause.

EDJ

Sicc OG
May 3, 2002
www.myspace.com
2-0-SIXX,

I'M TALKIN' BOUT HOLY SCRIPTURE IN gENERAL. I'M TALKIN' BOUT THE SCRIPTURES IN THEY NATIVE TONgUE(OR TRANSLATED TO IT), WITH THEY ORIgINAL MESSAgE.

AOD,

I DIDN'T EVEN KNOW YOU WAS FROM A MORMON UPBRINgIN'. I USED TO HAVE A CLASSMATE BAK IN THE DAY WHO WAS MORMON. ALL THAT JOSEPH WILLIAMS OR WHATEVA HIS NAME IS, IS SOME gAME BEIN' RAN. HOW CAN SOMEBODY SAY THEY SEEN (gOD) WHEN IT IS WRITTEN IN SCRIPTURE THAT NO MAN HAS SEEN (gOD)?

ALREADY DEAD(WHITE DEVIL),

WHERE YOU HEAR THAT BULLSHIT? HEARIN' SHIT LIKE THAT, YOU KNOW THAT MUTHA-FUKA IS FAKE.
PSYDAL,
NEXT TIME YOU COME ON HERE, SPEAK WITH FACTS INSTEAD OF TRYIN' TO EXAgERATE THEM. DO YOU EVEN KNOW WHY MUTHA-FUKAS gO DOOR TO DOOR PREACHIN' THE WORD OF (gOD)? THEY DON'T DO IT FOR THEY BEST INTEREST. THEY DO IT CAUSE IT'S COMMANDED IN SCRIPTURE. REAL CHRISTIANS DID IT BAK IN THE DAY, TO MAKE DISCIPLES OF PEOPLE. SO WHERE YOU gET OFF THAT AIN'T CHRISTIAN-LIKE? JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES BROUgHT THAT BAK IN THIS MODERN AgE AND OTHA RELIgIOUS gROUPS ARE NOW JUST SEEIN' AND COPYIN'. SO TELL ME, WHAT IS BEIN' CHRISTIAN? WHAT SHOULD CHRISTIANS DRESS LIKE? HOW SHOULD REAL CHRISTIANS ACT? HOW SHOULD REAL CHRISTIANS SPEAK?

Dec 25, 2003
EDJ, it was not until recently (very early 1990s) that Black people were allowed to hold the highest offices in the Mormon church. In addition, very racist and stupid beliefs were held in the Mormon church until the late 1960s.

Third, enthroning tribal intolerance while justifying racism. The ancestors of native Americans are described in the Book of Mormon as "white, and exceedingly fair and delightsome" but so "that they might not be enticing unto my people the Lord God did cause a skin of blackness to come upon them" so that they would become "loathsome" to the Nephites. "And cursed shall be the seed of him that mixeth with their seed; for they shall be cursed even with the same cursing…(2 Nephi 5: 21-23)"

Elder MARK E. PETERSON
Race Problems -- As They Affect The Church
Convention of Teachers of Religion on the College Level,
Brigham Young University, Provo, Utah, August 27, 1954.

The reason that one would lose his blessings by marrying a Negro is due to the restriction placed upon them. "No person having the least particle of Negro blood can hold the Priesthood" (Brigham Young). It does not matter if they are one-sixth Negro or one-hundred and sixth, the curse of no Priesthood is the same. If an individual who is entitled to the Priesthood marries a Negro, the Lord has decreed that only spirits who are not eligible for the Priesthood will come to that marriage as children. To intermarry with a Negro is to forfeit a "Nation of Priesthood holders"....

I think I have read enough to give you an idea of what the Negro is after. He is not just seeking the opportunity of sitting down in a cafe where white people eat. He isn't just trying to ride on the same streetcar or the same Pullman car with white people. It isn't that he just desires to go to the same theater as the white people. From this, and other interviews I have read, it appears that the Negro seeks absorption with the white race. He will not be satisfied until he achieves it by intermarriage. That is his objective and we must face it. We must not allow our feelings to carry us away, nor must we feel so sorry for Negroes that we will open our arms and embrace them with everything we have. Remember the little statement that we used to say about sin, "First we pity, then endure, then embrace".... Now let's talk about segregation again for a few moments. Was segregation a wrong principle? When the Lord chose the nations to which the spirits were to come, determining that some would be Japanese and some would be Chinese and some Negroes and some Americans, He engaged in an act of segregation....

AOD

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
That shit white devil posted it up is some BULLSHIT! It's a rumor believed by many people that blak folks weren't allowed to hold preisthood. That's just some bullshit. There just weren't very many for a long ass time. and that bullshit about the mormon church being racist ain't true. the mormon church is worldwide race plays no part in anything so fuk what he's puttin up. stik to makin some post about osama bin laden. . .