Zip Code Crime Rate pages

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
awhile back someone posted a page where you could put in a zip code and it would give a rating 1-10 defining the crime in the area, I was curious if anyone knows what it was?, I'm looking into moving and I dont feel like moving into any 10's..

M

MrFreeze

i wouldnt trip dog 10's are gonna be in big citys like LA and Detroit. as long as your not movin anywhere like that you should be cool.

May 10, 2002
Naptown317 said:
shit, where i'm about to move has almost 4 times as much "crime" as where im at now..time to get strapped
well go into detail to make sure cuz at first I almost shit my pants when I seen the difference between Saginaw,MI and Omaha, NE, I was looking at Saginaw for extremely cheap homes, but this is the crime response I got.

Here's what came back from the lab:

Omaha, Nebraska has a Relocation Crime Lab Index of 171 which is a higher crime rate than the national average

Saginaw, Michigan has a Relocation Crime Lab Index of 347 which is a higher crime rate than the national average
The Relocation Crime Lab Index gives the city's crime rate relative to the national average of all the cities in our database. A value of 100 means that the city is exactly average. A value of 200 means that the city has twice the crime rate as the average city. A value of 50 means that the city has half the crime rate of the average city. To learn more about how our data is compiled, click here.

Please note that the number of crimes reported has been adjusted to yield a rate per 100,000 people. Click here to view the actual number of incidents.

Annual crime rates per 100,000 people
Crime Category

Omaha, Nebraska
Robberies 224
Rapes 48
Homicides 9
Aggravated Assaults 529
Motor Vehicle Thefts 867

Saginaw, Michigan
Robberies 277
Rapes 142
Homicides 16
Aggravated Assaults 1487
Motor Vehicle Thefts 663

Now When you go into detail you find out the real numbers

Crime Category
Omaha, Nebraska
Robberies 875
Rapes 189
Homicides 37
Aggravated Assaults 2063
Motor Vehicle Thefts 3380

Saginaw, Michigan
Robberies 171
Rapes 88
Homicides 10
Aggravated Assaults 919
Motor Vehicle Thefts 410

I have no idea of saginaw's population, so it's still hard to annalize, but make sure to click on where to find the real numbers because I also compared to Junction City, KS where I use to live, to here (Omaha,NE) and there rating was higher per 100,000 people at 270 I beleive, but when I seen the real numbers I got a better idea of how it worked..

but thanks for the help those who replyed

Apr 25, 2002
Gary, Indiana
Robberies 528
Rapes 65
Homicides 65
Aggravated Assaults 376
Motor Vehicle Thefts 1332
Crime Lab Index 538

Good ole G.I....

Gary, Indiana has a Relocation Crime Lab Index of 538 which is a higher crime rate than the national average ....

If you aint knowing Lake County is the most diverse county in the country....

one