Yum! Test Tube Burger!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
This will highly benefit the world- research like this is essential for sustainability in the next 20-30 years. Human growth will out number what we can farm produce at a certain point.

Plus learning how to grow stem cells, and pressuring them to select to what tissue they grow as is very important - and can be applied to cancer. I don't think many people realize how advanced that is.
they could apply this to cancer research, they wont though for the simple fact that there is no money to be made in cures, only to help you live more comfortably with the problems until your body either fixes itself or you die..but either way they have successfully drained you..in 20-30 years i cant even imagine 20-30 years down the road...i suspect though climate change will fix a lot of the population problems quickly

May 14, 2002
Shit seems all bad to me...

Although it is one of the potential solution for us to keep consuming meat with an ever decreasing finite space we have.
While keeping livestock is the number one contributor to carbon pollution (much more then all transportation vehicles combined).
With growing this test tube meat we can still eat meat while we don't have to sacrifice so much space to livestock and decrease carbon pollution.

And it doesn't even gross me out as much as the way we eat our meat today anyway...

On the other hand... we could also eat less meat to solve these problems ... :siccness:

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
bullshit, what happens when you continue to replicate any copy? the quality gets worse and worse
Your retarded. Cells have been replicating for millenniums - and we are still here and breathing. DNA keeps getting passed off reliable. Your opinion seems based in emotion, and not fact.

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
Your retarded. Cells have been replicating for millenniums - and we are still here and breathing. DNA keeps getting passed off reliable. Your opinion seems based in emotion, and not fact.
its fucking disgusting.

and this is genetically modified and created in a lab..this isnt nature

also, even cells fuck up in nature ever heard of disease? or down syndrome or mixerr?

Props: second650

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
They'll be selling this at walmart soon I'm sure. It'll be mass produced and super cheap and all that broke people can afford. It'll be fat free but full of salt and preservatives and nitrates and lead to obesity and cancer I'm sure.
Seeing this was the first one they had success with and it cost them $332,000 to make I don't think you have to worry about seeing it in the frozen food section of Walmart anytime soon.

Props: thizziks21

Coach E. No

Jesus es Numero Uno
Mar 30, 2013
I was half joking but I wouldn't be surprised if they lower that cost margin extra quick. Most of that cost was associated with the scientists that were needed to do everything with research and stem cells. If someone green lighted mass production of it, that cost would go way down

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
Everything always lowers in cost, until is trickles down to public. Think of all the money that went into researching gps, and cellphones - the first computer.

Getting tested and finding your DNA use to be in the millions of dollars, now you can get the sequence for 100 bucks.

BASEDVATO

Judo Chop ur Spirit
May 8, 2002
yea pink sludge is all the way out, and that chicken paste is so gross.

Only ground meat I eat, is selected cuts I ask the butcher to grind at sprouts.