Yukmouth's 1996 Shooting

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2006
Does anyone know the details behind Yukmouth being robbed, shot, beaten, kidnapped and thrown into an alley? He has made numerous references to the incident throughout his career but there has has never tried to utilize the situation to garner attention like a slew of other rappers. From the speculation his situation was by far more serious than recent alleged robbery attempts on Beanie Sigel and Camron respectivley.

" what goes around comes around cause I end up getting shot nigga! but got love me my heart dont stop" from La Costra Nostra off of UGA Vol. 1 Sdtk

"They all deceitful; I got shot up by a nigga I knew since pre-school
His mama and my mama used to be cool
We from the same street too
That's why I don't creep through
Niggas who rob you and try to kill you ain't yo peoples
Niggas who beat you with desert eagles ain't yo peoples
Niggas who jack you for them kilos that ain't yo peoples
But ain't gonna be no sequel cause next time I'm gonna show em somethin'
Make it out the hood, niggas act like you owe em somethin'
Niggas want you to throw em somethin'
I've been robbed, stuffed in a trunk then
Dumped in a fuckin' alleyway head lookin' like a pumpkin'
To funkin' with my own cousins" from Thug Lord Outro 2001

"I jacked niggas got robbed got bullet wounds and scars" from 21 Gunz Salute off The Thug Lordz- In Thugz We Trust

"fo the first time in my life I'm makin bread, doin it right
but at night seems like I'm hunted
probably because jackmoves an licks I've done it
what goes around comes around, hollow point tip rounds to my stomach" Revelationz from Thugged Out The Abbulation

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
i thought he got shot in the ass?

I chalk it off to the fact Oakland is crazy and if cats see someone doing too much and they catch you slippin its a wrap. People are hungry out there and I'm sure they don't care who Yuk is if hes walking around with a platinum chain and a pocket full of money if it means a payday for them.

I could be wrong though cuz i've heard hella different stories about this.

Mar 21, 2006
Num got a song like that too. The Lunatic Musik album has 2 versions. I think it is the CD that got the Yukmouth hidden song (the original version of Revalations) after 20 blunts a day and on the tape Num got a song after 20 blunts a day about being kidnapped and stuffed in the trunk and all. Either that or the other way around Num on cd and yuk on tape

Aug 20, 2005
i also heard yuk solved that incident real good. don't quote me
track 10 lunatik muzik . . . yadadadadadada

Apr 4, 2006
No one has answers pertaining to the issue. I've also never found an interview where he is asked about the issue or references it in greatl length. He mentions that he's been shot, fell down three stories, and electricuted in the aftermath of the Spider Loc incident to the Siccness.net and also mentions being robbed after the Silver & Black album dropped to Davey D...

Apr 22, 2006
Its not 1 situation.. the shooting and the kidnapping were 2 different situations.

I know about it, but im not going to get into details cuz that shit dont belong on messageboards imo..Yuk been trough alot of shit tho its alot of other situations none of yall really know about... he aint no victim tho nigga did dirt too..

As far as the kidnapping tho.. lets just say you will never hear 2 sides of the story..

And that shit was way back in the early 90's yuk wasnt walking around with no platinum chains back then.. but the town was crazy back then..

Apr 22, 2006
btownboss said:
and also mentions being robbed after the Silver & Black album dropped to Davey D...
im sure he meant he got robbed for the luniz album.. cuz chris hicks leaked that shit and was selling it months b4 it dropped

Mar 28, 2005
He doesnt really rap or speak about it that much. But as far as i know the kidnapping and shooting were 2 different situations.

He also spits about it on "thy kingdom come" from the million dollar mixtape

Angels watch me, but the devil got me
A nigga popped me, but he didnt drop me
Im still breathing cuz jesus got me
In his wings im bleeding in the lobby, slug in my body
From the carseat to the back of the ambulance with a IV
Police asking for my ID, which nigga shot me was it gangrelated or a robbery ?
Bitches get off me, man im shot i dont wanna talk
Where the fuck was yall when all the guns went off
I was dodging bullets just like Marshall ?falt?
And thank god that i could walk
Cuz i was caught 3 inches from my vertebra
And they said they cant take the bullet out surgicallay
So, its still in me, enemies still envy

Mar 3, 2005
$Godzilla$ said:
He never really goes into details on the shooting or the kidnapping.. or maybe i just missed the interview where he did
He goes into detail...Enough detail where U will know what happened...Not necessarily the exact names of the parties involved but town niggaz know what happened

Apr 4, 2006
$Godzilla$ said:
He doesnt really rap or speak about it that much. But as far as i know the kidnapping and shooting were 2 different situations.

He also spits about it on "thy kingdom come" from the million dollar mixtape

Angels watch me, but the devil got me
A nigga popped me, but he didnt drop me
Im still breathing cuz jesus got me
In his wings im bleeding in the lobby, slug in my body
From the carseat to the back of the ambulance with a IV
Police asking for my ID, which nigga shot me was it gangrelated or a robbery ?
Bitches get off me, man im shot i dont wanna talk
Where the fuck was yall when all the guns went off
I was dodging bullets just like Marshall ?falt?
And thank god that i could walk
Cuz i was caught 3 inches from my vertebra
And they said they cant take the bullet out surgicallay
So, its still in me, enemies still envy

yea like I said he references it on a number of songs but never explicitly states what happens... but I do respect him for not glorifying being shot and establishing his solo career off of music alone and not his unfortunate circumstances.