Yukmouth Presents The Gamblaz? GLP?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 4, 2004
I was wonderin, I had got this album from a friend like damn near 3 years+ ago (burned CD)... I think it was Featuring or presents.. whatever -

I still knok this shit today. It has some hard ass mob shit on it, damn near ery song be gettin a boy hyped up... Was it official or some unofficial shit? If I can remember, Yuk said in an interview something like fuk the album, "dont buy it" or some shit like that...?! Anyone know about this shit?

Who were or who are the gamblaz? GLP or ...? JT was on a couple I think, all kinds of features and when Yuk spit, it some straight fire shit. Even them Gamblaz was fire...

-TownBidnez

Jan 31, 2003
GLP - the Get Low Playaz. JT, San Quinn and Seff The Gaffla. Straight Out The Lab was their best. Way before JT's recycling days.

"Fags on the grass doin ballerina twirls..."
"I had on Filas, I didn't want to get 'em dirty..."

Oct 4, 2004
JsAHogg said:
GLP - the Get Low Playaz. JT, San Quinn and Seff The Gaffla. Straight Out The Lab was their best. Way before JT's recycling days.

"Fags on the grass doin ballerina twirls..."
"I had on Filas, I didn't want to get 'em dirty..."
Thanks mayne, but I meant was the gamblaz with GLP or.. who? Bu thanks for bringing it up.. I was gonna ask about Quinn, Seff, and JT's original shit....

I have an album with Yuk on every track with the gamblaz and that shit is a knocker album... block shit is like #1 or #2 on the disc.. forgot... I will post a track list soon... or at least what tracks I have on the CD... supposably itz complete.

Thanks again cuzzin,

Feb 19, 2003
townbusiness said:
I was wonderin, I had got this album from a friend like damn near 3 years+ ago (burned CD)... I think it was Featuring or presents.. whatever -

I still knok this shit today. It has some hard ass mob shit on it, damn near ery song be gettin a boy hyped up... Was it official or some unofficial shit? If I can remember, Yuk said in an interview something like fuk the album, "dont buy it" or some shit like that...?! Anyone know about this shit?

Who were or who are the gamblaz? GLP or ...? JT was on a couple I think, all kinds of features and when Yuk spit, it some straight fire shit. Even them Gamblaz was fire...

-TownBidnez
As far as "who The Gamblaz are": they are Authentic ("The Commisiona") and Telly Mac ("The General"). To my knowledge, they weren't w/ JT at the very start ('93-'94); the first time that I remember hearing them w/ JT was on the song "The Unexpected" (w/ JT, San Quinn and--I THINK--Ive Lowe). The song was on the WEST COAST BAD BOYZ II compilation from early 1997.

The Gamblaz have several group CDs: one just called THE GAMBLAZ (which was a Get Low/Black-N-Brown release), GHETTO PLATINUM and most recently, THUNDEROUS MUZIK. Authentic has a solo CD called SOLO ALBUM and Telly Mac has one called BUSINESS IS BUSINESS, both from 2002.

Authentic's currently signed as a solo artist on Done Deal Records (San Quinn's label) and Telly Mac is w/ Guce, on Git Paid Records. Chuck (the Done Deal CEO) has said that there's no "beef" on their part or with JT or anyone, they're just trying different business ventures. I THINK Authentic's supposed to have a solo coming out on Done Deal...

PEACE!

Feb 19, 2003
herm96 said:
album called block shit

unofficial album
Yup. Yuk said in an interview that he did agree to record a bunch of tracks w/ JT and other Get Low artists, but that he didn't give JT permission to put that particular album (BLOCK SHIT) out. He also didn't feel it was fair that the CD was released as a "Yukmouth and The Gamblaz" project, since Yuk only appeared on seven songs (out of twelve). Yuk also said, though, that he did talk to JT about it afterwards, and that they settled things accordingly...It's got some pretty cool tracks either way.

PEACE!