Yukmouth - JJ Based On A Vill Story Three

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 4, 2015
After a few listens, it goes Part 1 > Part 3 > Part 2. Anyone knows the sample they used on High Siden & Sliden? The same you can hear at some point in Starter Coat Nike Cortez on Part 1?

Apr 4, 2015
IMO it’s not that part 2 is weak on its own, but more that it is when compared to part 1.

Where part 1 is about his upbringing in Oakland during the crack era which is one side of him, with all the storytelling skills we have not seen from him in a while. Part 2 is about today his other side with the partying, flashy, mob and smoking tracks. A formula he’s been serving us the same since Godzilla so feels boring and another album thrown together like that.

It had some good tracks I’m still bumping today like So Serious, Death Before Dishonor, How to Mob, Roundtable Talk and Welcome to My Hood. Part 3 is better it’s got some storytelling that’s missing from part 2, but still not as good as part 1.

Feb 19, 2015
IMO it’s not that part 2 is weak on its own, but more that it is when compared to part 1.

Where part 1 is about his upbringing in Oakland during the crack era which is one side of him, with all the storytelling skills we have not seen from him in a while. Part 2 is about today his other side with the partying, flashy, mob and smoking tracks. A formula he’s been serving us the same since Godzilla so feels boring and another album thrown together like that.

It had some good tracks I’m still bumping today like So Serious, Death Before Dishonor, How to Mob, Roundtable Talk and Welcome to My Hood. Part 3 is better it’s got some storytelling that’s missing from part 2, but still not as good as part 1.

I thought they were both good in their own way .. part 1 was more raw and had some depth to it, while part 2 was more commercially viable and had catchier joints overall. I’m expecting part 3 to be a mix of 1 and 2.

Jan 18, 2006
Haven't listened to part 3 but the 1st 2 are weak as fuck and I've fucked with Yuks music heavily until like 2010. He still kinda gots it but his production be trash these days. Been fucking with Ampichino for how long and still manages to not make his releases better these days?

Mar 11, 2013
roundtable talk is classic thats some akron shit!! Yeah musically last very good yuk album was GAS...Now its just like everything else, just ok....

Apr 4, 2015
Roundtable talk definitely was a highlight on part 2. GAS was cool but come on now it’s not up to level of any of the JJ’s even part 2. Worst project he has ever put out has to be the regime two-part album - the last dragon/dragon gang. Biggest disappointment to me and I don’t understand why he would even think of releasing such a weak project after building up the buzz for Regime over so many years.

Feb 19, 2015
Haven't listened to part 3 but the 1st 2 are weak as fuck and I've fucked with Yuks music heavily until like 2010. He still kinda gots it but his production be trash these days. Been fucking with Ampichino for how long and still manages to not make his releases better these days?

lol u trippin bad, those 2 albums is easily his best work since godzilla