YUK GETS 3 / 5 MICS IN NEW SOURCE

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 29, 2004
YUKMOUTH - MILLION DOLLAR MOUTHPIECE
RAP A LOT 4 LIFE
PRODUCTION: MIKE DEAN, TRAXAMILLION, YOUNG L, THE SLAPBOYZ, NAN DOGG, OTHERS

Yukmouth held down the Bay Area with his gangsta demeanor in the early '90s as a member of The Luniz with partner-in-rhyme Numskull. In later years, the seasoned spitter achieved solo acclaim with successful independent albums. Lately, however, the Oakland rapper has exhausted more effort beefing with other artists. Five years removed from his last album, Yuk releases his fourth studio offering, Million Dollar Mouthpiece. Perhaps he should've spent more time on it, though.

For being such a seasoned veteran, Yukmouth seems to be following trends rather than setting them and he appears content with that. He drops plenty of sub par records that paint him as self absorbed, such as "Shine Like me" and ill-inspired hood tracks like "Mobsta Mobsta." Also the lyrical Godzilla's coarse flow doesn't compliment the softer production which is unfortunately sprinkled throughout the record.

The Oakland rapper does provide a few noteworthy performances, like on "Hate Me". The hard beat compliments Yuk's gritty lyricism as he fires back about getting his chain yanked at a night-club and addresses his confrontations with artists from G-Unit. The vet pushes his awe-inspiring memoirs on "Corner Store," and during the tender "Can't Sell Dope 4Eva," he recalls the family involvement in crackhouses and the desire to leave that environment. The lyricist also provides a banger in "Make It Train," but it falls short of Fat Joe and Weezy's version.

Despite a couple of exceptional records on Million Dollar Mouthpiece, Yukmouth's merely going through the motions, not pushing his own artistry.

(big ups to COZMO on that Can't Sell Dope 4Eva beat that shit slaps and it sounds like a sample but he told me it's all original) CRAZY!