Young Jeezy- Thug motivation 101

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
you aint lying when you say catchy,i cant stop bumpin this album,i know i probably shouldnt like it but i cant help it,its like a guilty pleasure..shit is knockin,one of my fav albums this year

Aug 20, 2004
Nah fuck that...dont feel bad Sicc...i LUV this album...i didnt realize Young Jeezy had so many punchlines...and the cd POOOOOOOOOOOOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUNDDDDDSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!Super rattle...

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
what other albums does he have if any? i know they probably arent on this level but sure they have to be decent,want to peep some shit out from him,any suggestions? mixtapes?

Oct 14, 2004
Another piece of mainstream trash. Not feeling it DLed it last night and erased it within 2 hours of bumping it. Listened to it twice and still didnt like it. But thats me.

Aug 20, 2004
Cesolito #1 said:
This album is really tight. IMO its a masterpiece thats all everyone around here bumps.
I agree...i didnt like the Boyz N Da Hood album...different feel to it..but Young Jeezy went SUPER hard in the Maaco for his solo...im VERY pleasenly surprised...one of the best album of the year so far....

Feb 14, 2004
yeah it's a good album. that breezy at the beginning of that music video for 'and then what' is fine! shoulda showed more of her.

May 21, 2002
im lovin this shit, best album this year, every track slaps, even the song about pussy goes hard

Really well produced and those ad libs crack me up everytime ("Thaaaaaaaats Riiiiiight"), he isnt the most complex rapper but he doesnt have to be, he's so damm coo with it.

@Sicc - Jeezy has a couple of other albums, one from 2003 called 'Come Shop With Me' and another from 2001 called 'Thuggin Under The Influence' when he used to be known as Lil J.

If you didnt check the 'Trapp Or Die' mixtape from earlier this year its worth picking up - theres only a couple of snippets from the new album on there, some sick freestyles and a bunch of exclusives that never made it to the album.

May 10, 2002
THE BEATS IS SLAPPIN BUT JEEZY IS ONE OF THE WACKEST RAPPERS IVE EVER HEARD, WORSE THEN MIKE JONES, ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER ALBUM WHERE THE BEATS CAN GO PLATINUM BY THEMSELVE.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
THE BEATS IS SLAPPIN BUT JEEZY IS ONE OF THE WACKEST RAPPERS IVE EVER HEARD,ONCE AGAIN ANOTHER ALBUM WHERE THE BEATS CAN GO PLATINUM BY THEMSELVE.
Another piece of mainstream trash.
agree with both these statements...yet still bumpin it non-stop for some reason,haha

May 21, 2002
Whats your definition of a 'wack' rapper?

I think Jeezy is good, he has an instantly recognisable style unique to him, he has has a smooth steady flow, makes tight hooks and spits the kind of lyrics that make rewind the tape, even the corny shit makes me laugh, above all else he makes entertaining music. You cant give a bunch of 'platinum' sounding beats to anyone and expect them to construct a full 19 track album of worth.
Personally i dont need to hear a rapper go so deep and with clever lyrics and metaphor on every track, its bores me to pieces, but its all for debate, to me, this has been by far the best album from a pretty stale year of new rap releases.

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
i agree,just like you said,above everything else he is entertaining,and in the end,what more do you want from music right?

disagree on the stale year part though,maybe its just the shit i listen to but this year has been great so far

May 21, 2002
Recommend me some stuff to check plz

from this years new albums i have only really felt this Jeezy, Crytical, Fury, Frayser Boy, jacka, slim thug was ok, and the Z-Ro was pretty good, lol just occured to me thats almost one good album a month, so i can't complain i suppose

oh yea Geto Boys was coo too

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
couple albums off the top of my head i have been listening to lately(outside of ones you mentioned) sure there is a bunch i will leave out,i can never remember what came out when

living legends-classic
c rayz walz-year of the beast
big pooh-sleepers
foreign exchange-connected (not even sure if this came out in 05...but damn close at least)
access immortal-shades of reality
legacy-project mayhem
away team-national anthem
illogic-write to death 2
smash unit-talk of the town
tonedeff-archetype
opio-triangulation station
hakstak-from start to finish
MED-push comes to shove
3mg-grand caravan
LMNO-P's and Q's
pumpkinhead-orange moon over brooklyn
afu ra-state of the arts
mistah fab-son of a pimp

not saying everyone is an outstanding albums but all worth listens,probably leaving out a bunch of shit..so you can see why i would think it was good,damn near 20 albums off the top of my head

May 21, 2002
the albums you mentioned that i have heard are ok, mistah fab, haystack

im not a huge Hiero or afu ra fan but some of those albums i have never heard of, i'll keep an eye out for, thanks

yea on reflection its not been such a bad year