Young Dre- Hated By Many??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 6, 2003
There are two versions of this album, one with a blue back cover and one with a drawing on the back cover. I'm not sure which one is the OG version, but I believe it is the one with the blue cover. Dunno its value though.

Jul 3, 2007
I have the one with the blue back cover. Value is always in eyes of beholder of course but just curious. Here's a good example, recently we were talking about Mr. Ivan in another thread. And the 187 In Hockey Mask one is worth hundreds, yet his "Resurrection" release is worth pennies compared to that one :) Always appreciate your help flow. You got lots of knowledge.

Jul 3, 2007
Flow any idea about the Askari X "Bay Like Mandalay" cd that came in just a cd jacket, nothing else? Was wondering what that was worth and if it was an official release, as I cannot find any listing for it anywhere. Pce

Jan 6, 2003
I don't know about that new askari x. Been searching for it in several stores, but it is hard to find, at least these days. It looks like a mixtape release, but I'm not sure. Have you got it?

Jul 3, 2007
Yep, it was sent to me as a gift I guess from guy who I know that is connected wit askari x management. I had bought a bunch of "return of rickey m." cd's and was preying he wasn't planning on reissuing it. He's the one who told me "ward of state" was being re-issued way before it came out. He also assured me return of.. and message to... won't ever be getting re-released if ya'll are interested. . But getting back to "bay like mandalay", I was considering putting it up on ebay, but since it came with nothing but a cd jacket I didn't think it would do well but who knows. Have not seen that cd anywhere since then.

Jan 6, 2003
He also assured me return of.. and message to... won't ever be getting re-released if ya'll are interested. .
What really is interesting is that even though they know people are interested in the albums and are willing to pay high prices for the albums on ebay, they "guarantee" that they won't re-release them? Makes me wonder what is most important to the artist and the managements: bragging about "my album sells for $70 on ebay" or making their music accessible to their fans, lol.

Damn, I still regret that I didn't buy that message to... album back in the days. It was in the shelves collecting dust... and stupid me spent my money on other albums.

Sean, I wish I could have friends like you who suddenly send records like that Askari X :cool:

Jul 3, 2007
Well I have been sent my share of promos,samplers, and stuff, and most of it is not wirth anything, so sometimes you win some. I really like the cd anyway, all this value thing aside. Yes I actually asked him before I bought about 20 return of rickey m. cd's if it was getting re-released and he said no lol and I actually was getting mine from the original print run so he says. The "message to..." cd is one of my all time favs believe it or not. It is very underappreciated in my book. I also like return of rickey m. alot, but for some reason their first one gets a little repetitive for me. That's why it made it easy for me to sell off what I had of it before the re-release came out lol. There are so many truly rare underground cd's out there that just will not pull in much on ebay but they are worth their weight in gold in my cd player :)