You serious about ish Let's do it!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
www.myspace.com
Man I'm tired of the same old ish. The bay was born on originality but now it seems like a sesspool of recycled beats and topics. What the fuck is the deal? How long are we as professionals, musicians, rappers, producers, djs, etc., going to deal with this? Every other market you look at and analyze has mad love and support for it's local music, just as the bay once had. Regardless if you feel what I'm saying or how I say it, this shit is only the truth. Whatever happened to the "Bay Area Classics". Kids are going to the record stores nowadays dissapointed as fuck and would rather burn a cd then pay $18.99 (especially if it's some bullshit). The compilations that were once innovative and classic in the bay, have now been destroyed by "works for hire" a.k.a. 16 bar versus that were put together in 15 minutes for a quick buck. Do you see where this going? I'm not here preaching just trying to make a difference. Holla at me if you want to. Peace - JD

May 3, 2002
I agree with you. Bay Area rap isn't like what it was before. No more classics have been coming out, like you said. Seems like everyone's more interested in the money that's involved than the skill that should be brought.
We need someone who ain't taking no shit stand up and try to set examples.