YOU CAN LOVE THE BAY AND NOT LOVE HYPHY...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Oct 31, 2003
This does not make you a hater or a trader. It seems like everytime someone says what they feel about hyphy as a music style or a movement (which it isn't) a gang of people jump on them and label them haters. The Bay doesn't love Hyphy. THE BAY LOVES THE BAY. Hyphy is a bi-product of that love. Hyphy is the bi-product of the Bay basically saying "finally we gettin a fuckin chance to get some shine"! If we saw most of the shit that is surrounding Hyphy in another part of the United States we would laugh at that shit, but since it is the Bay...It's ok. If we heard some of our more popular Hyphy artist in another region we would for damn sure call them trash, but since it's Bay...it's ok. In order for the Bay to REALLY get back in the game we THE BAY AREA need to hold our artist acountable for making bullshit and trying to pass it off as a movement. If we support the artist WE KNOW can stand with or without the buzz surrounding Hyphy and vault them to the forefront of the Bay Area music scence we will be able to really make a dent in the game and really say "TBIB" not as a joke, but really mean it as a statement with pride.

Oct 7, 2006
u a str8 up faggot cuzz, its not that serious, nigga over here gettin all poetic about the bay n shit, nigga its just a city that u live in, u niggaz need to take yo family and yo life more serious if u got time to sit here and write love poems about yo city and area u live

Aug 8, 2003
95 to 112 said:
nigga over here gettin all poetic about the bay n shit, nigga its just a city that u live in,
the bay isnt a city... its a bunch of cities surrounding a body of water..

:dead:

i dunno why it seemed like you got your feelins hurt folx.. the man is jus speakin his mind, thats what a message board is for...did u go get hyphy tatted across your dome so you get emotionally scarred when someone speaks of it without bein a bandwagon hopper??. LOL

@streetfight: I feel you 100%

Oct 28, 2003
95 to 112 said:
u a str8 up faggot cuzz, its not that serious, nigga over here gettin all poetic about the bay n shit, nigga its just a city that u live in, u niggaz need to take yo family and yo life more serious if u got time to sit here and write love poems about yo city and area u live
You are right. Niggaz need to stop takin time think out they comments and threads and write what ever dumb thing that pops up in their head...like you just did.

Jul 25, 2004
I wonder when Bay artist will consider themselfs Rappers and not Bay rappers?

Maybe if folx stop labeling themselfs "Bay" or other Area cats,they could get alot more exposue(out of Cali that is).

EEh Fuk it though,who cares.

Jan 23, 2006
I love the bay 100%. I used 2 like hyphy but now its played out cuz its all the same shit. I like rappers like san quinn, mess, big rich, jacka, husalah... rappers who don't talk about the same shit every other rappers already said a million and a half times already. I just like originality and it seems 2 me hyphy is a trend and if u don't follow that path, then "ur not from the bay"...or wutever

Oct 2, 2006
i dont see what the beef is with hyphy, u hear a slap u go dumb u get hyphy, its just a phrase for how we be doin it movin in the bay, i hurd some cat say there is no better hate than bay on bay hate and thats real talk cuz cuz, but it gives people somethn to talk about

Oct 28, 2003
I wounder...What are the "HYPHY" artist going to do when and if it all dries up? I mean they kinda got so deep into being one way that they can't do it another way without seeming kinda fake.