Ya Boy "We Run L.A." gettin played on sportscenter

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 25, 2009
this shits hella gay..

i mean, if ur gonna make a song about a region you should be COMPETING AGAINST, at least make it a slumper, shit..
so bay cats is competing AGAINST LA now? but not against NY, ATL, MIA instead? smh... good luc in that competition....

i aint feelin this song at all...how is it that all of a sudden after makin 100 tracks about guns ima gangsta imma kill u imma beast u cant fuk wit me to this??? WOW hiphop these dayzzz...
so u want him to continue rappin bout shit he never participated in?

Jan 21, 2009
He could probally give a fuck about San Francisco...Gaven Newsome isn't paying his bills, the giants are not giving any ticket money and he MOVED LIKE 4 YEARS AGO!!! Let it go he (lit.) went Hollywood. I hope the best for him, because at the end of the day he has talent.

Jan 31, 2008
heard that song at MGM grand Pool last weekend in vegas, was surprised. He might get big, but still rather hear his old style.
Damn Thats good for him, that combined with this ESPN shit, exposure is almost certain

He still reps the Bay, spits heat and makes good tracks thats all that matters to me

only thing he should lay off of is the rockstar shit

Feb 21, 2003
so bay cats is competing AGAINST LA now? but not against NY, ATL, MIA instead? smh... good luc in that competition....
in terms of a cali thing, we should be competing against LA..but if its a national thing, cali should be united against all..

its like in sports where everyone in the conference competes against one another, but then they play an all-star game and come together against the other conference..

May 8, 2008

so u want him to continue rappin bout shit he never participated in?
I don't know why but every time I read any of your comments i start dying laughing.....lol unless you personally know Ya Boy, how do you know what he did or didn't participate in? As far as the Bay competing with LA, there is absolutly nothing wrong with that. I will put the best MCs in the Bay up against anyone LA has to offer.

Apr 16, 2003
google.com
Anyone bitching about this song is a fucking dummy. He's rapping about living it up in LA, who wouldn't want to do that shit!?!?! He never says anything about running LA, them other fools do. This shit is radio fucking friendly. Ya Boy +1 Haters -2

Nov 26, 2007
... It worked for Tupac.
Exactly...how is this song any different than "To Live and Die in LA?" Pac was actually ridin for LA hard in that song, more then Ya Boy did on his track. If you're an entertainer and successful, you either end up in New York or LA, so quit hatin on the man for moving to, and becoming a known name, in the entertainment capital of the world.

Sep 5, 2008
I like Crooked I, but as a battle rapper he ain't nowhere on the level as Locksmith. And if we talking about diss records, Yukmouth is in a league all his own. Crooked has bars but i don't see him in that category.
he can spit, but locksmith does nothing but recycle lines in every battle or cypher. He's not as good as people hype him up to be in my opinion.

May 8, 2008
he can spit, but locksmith does nothing but recycle lines in every battle or cypher. He's not as good as people hype him up to be in my opinion.
yeah you are right about that he does recycle lines, but the lines are his. The shit he recycles in battles are better than the majority of other battle rappers shit. I don't know a rapper from LA that can stand toe to toe with Lock.

May 7, 2006
yeah you are right about that he does recycle lines, but the lines are his. The shit he recycles in battles are better than the majority of other battle rappers shit. I don't know a rapper from LA that can stand toe to toe with Lock.
lol at you backtracking super quick. let's face it, every battle rapper writes his lyrics. wait... let me rephrase myself, every successful battle rapper pre-writes.
Back to the topic, Ya Boy. I could careless what dude does in his life and all, but if I was asked to say something I would probably call him a sellout. The way I look at it is, he started off in the Bay Area making music with Bay Area artists. He was the rapper with the dreads and wearing the clothes people in the Bay were wearing. Then, all of a sudden, he runs off to L.A. to hit it big (that was how many years ago?). He's running around with a mowhawk, wearing clothes that Jim Jones and Juelz Santana wore a couple years back . I haven't seen any collabos with any Bay Area artists since then (correct me if I am wrong). Now, all I have seen are a bunch of mixtapes and a couple attempts at hit songs that never released to an album. Again, I don't know the situation, but he just comes off looking like a sellout that failed.