Ya Boy – Trappy Birthday (Mixtape)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
Not singling YA BOY out but how many mixtapes can one artist release without being played out or turning the listeners off (YA BOY, CROOKED I, KILLA KYLEON...)?

Sep 25, 2008
thanks for all the reviews on the mixtapes in here, this thread has been so productive
Right?

This mixtape better than a lot of people's favorite Bay artists' CDs.

I think this better than that Fillmore Renaissance, he on this one gassin' but I wouldn't call it gas. Only thing I didn't really feel is majority of it got that Down South flavor, his subject matter is the same and a played out one at that.

Been thinkin' of givin' up on dude cause most of his late work ain't been 100, but I think his shit is still better than a lot of the stuff comin' out the Bay.

X-NINE

Chi-Illinois
Sep 16, 2006
CHICAGO
This cool so far....Some slaps, but dude could've picked better variety of trap beats if he gonna get on 'em....Like shit, why not get Drumma Boy or shit, let Lex Luger do the whole thing for that matter? Cause right now, there's alot of biting of Lugers format right now which is making trap music a bit stale IMO. Some producers can pull off a lugerish sound and it still knocks, but others just need to step their Fruity Loops or equpment game up on that shit.

Even Lex himself said that to all aspiring producers in one of his youtube vids to do you, don't just rely off the hottest sound at the moment.

May 7, 2006
Finally gave it a listen.. Am I the only person tired of his act? In my opinion, he's basically just trying to be a bad, even worse dated version of Lil' Wayne. Face tattoos and piercings.. Guy tries too damn hard, Black Card Boys? Can we just keep it real? Eh, I'm just not a fan, and I really doubt he'll ever release anything on a major, with any success, for that matter.

Jan 18, 2006
^^^ The only time i ever see u post is in a Ya Boy thread for real and its never anything positive. What the fuck is wrong with u and now u make a thread about him

May 7, 2006
I'm sure I sound like a "hater", but I could careless. I don't post a thousand times on this board, but if you only see me in Threads about him, maybe you need to look around. His music bores the hell out of me. Do I let it bother me? No. Just thought I'd share an opinion. Quiet frankly, isn't that what message boards are for?

BOLO

FRISCO TO SAC IM AT THAT
Aug 27, 2002
i was a HUGE fan and was convinced he would get big nationally around 06-09. now im still a fan but his schtick is kinda played. ill peep this for sure because some of his mixtapes are classic for real. fillmore renaissance had a few claps but overall was just ok so im hoping this is better, we'll see.

i can still remember when mohawks & heavy metal came out i thought that shit was tha hardest shit out for a while lol