@xpanther206

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 26, 2002
Bacc In Texas
Just wanted to ask you if you are a producer because of all the "what sample is this beat from" threads that you be makin?

Or are you a "sample" collector or some sort, you have a dozen "sample" threads inquring about the hottest southern beats and so fourth.

HOLLA

Apr 25, 2002
LOL no I am not a producer, I do collect samples. If I love a rap song, and it is sampled, then chances or not I will love the original (in many cases even more than the rap version).

I started doing this a few years ago and it has lead me to some outstanding music. In my iTunes I do have a samples playlist (where I put the sample and rap song back to back) and it is currently over 500 songs long.

Apr 25, 2002
D-Locc60 said:
alright-alright
I C...

I thought maybe you was puttin together some super album.....
Something I would be interested in doing one day when I have some basic skills w/ programs or DJing or whatever, is put together a super samples CD or something like that, w/ the two songs blended together to form one track.

As far as the South goes, these are my favorite samples:
1) Three Six "Stay Fly" w/ Willie Hutch "Tell Me Why Has our Love Turned So Cold"
2) Big Tymers "I'll Take You There" w/ Honey Cone "If I Can Fly"
3) Project Pat "Choices" w/ Curtis Mayfield "Choice of Colors"
4) Field Mob "Georgia" w/ Ray Charles "Georgia On My Mind"
5) Play N Skillz "Woods and Plastic" w/ The Dramatics "What You See Is What You Get"
6) Devin the Dude (Anything) / Three Six (Da Summer) w/ Rick James "Hollywood"
7) Juicy J "Like a Pimp" w/ Bobby Womack "Across 110th Street"
8) Smilez & Southstarr "Tell Me" w/ Stylistics "Stop, Look and Listen to your Heart"
9) Project Pat "Choose U" w/ Willie Hutch "I Choose You"
10) Lil Rok "Mrs. Jones" w/ Marvin Gaye "Me and Mrs. Jones"