X-Box DVD Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 2, 2002
I just got my DVD kit for the XB, and I started watching the flick but the screen kept goin dim then normal, dim then normal etc...I asked my homie what was wrong and he said its just the TV not the XB. Iz anyone else havin this problem or knows whats wrong?

I'm outty-6!!!!!!

Jul 9, 2002
Do you have the xbox hooked up to the tv through a VCR or something?
what is happening is the DVD macrovision protection.

hook it up directly to the tv via an "RF modulator" which is a box with A/V imputs in it.

hit up radio shack or any store like Best Buy.

Jul 24, 2002
when ever u play a music CD on ur xbox get tha dvd remote if u have it and press INFO, then ur screen will change into that picture that plays on tha left, i jus found this out pressin buttons , its tyte when u got tha lights off listenin to ur CD.

Apr 25, 2002
1 of the reasons i got an xbox was to be able to play my own music during game play, but none of the games i have offers this feature, i think only the racing games do. does any1 have these games or know other titles that allow you to play ur own music?

Sep 15, 2002
You can play your own music in Tony Hawk 3. I don't know what else you can do that in. I hardly ever play games anymore. I'll definitely pick up MGS 2 Substance when it comes out though.

I don't know if the offer's expired now, but I got a refund for my DVD remote by sending in the reciepts for it and my xbox.:dead: