WWE signs Giant superstar

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Cheaptimes

C'mon now...
Jan 3, 2005
www.twitter.com
PWI wrote:
World Wrestling Entertainment has signed the 7"3' (although often billed larger) Dalip "Giant" Singh. Singh, a native of India, originally trained with the All Pro Wrestling school in California and wrestled for New Japan Pro Wrestling, often teaming with former WWF Oddity member Giant Silva.

Earlier this year, Singh had an entertaining turn in the Adam Sandler remake of "The Longest Yard" playing a gigantic inmate named Turley who played for Sandler's penal football team. The film also featured Bill Goldberg, Bob Sapp, Kevin Nash, and Steve Austin. Singh was memorable enough that Sandler used him in several promotional appearances to publicize the film, including an appearance with Jay Leno on the Tonight Show.

While training at the All Pro Wrestling school in May 2001, Singh was linked to the death of 24 year-old wrestling student Brian Ong. According to a January 2004 East Bay Express article, Ong (who had previously suffered a concussion but yet continued training) was powerbombed by Singh. Ong took the bump wrong, landing on his tailbone with his head hitting the mat backwards due to the whiplash effect of the bump. The trainers didn't realize how badly Ong, who told them he was dizzy, was hurt until he got on all fours, vomited, and collapsed. They called 911. Ong passed away while being transported to the hospital via ambulance. The official cause of death was acute and subdural hemorrhage due to head trauma. Ong's family sued APW for his death, receiving a $1.34 million ruling against the school and its owner, Roland Alexander. Singh did not testify during the trial and was not implicated legally in Ong's passing. For more on that case, click here.
Wow I had no idea it was that guy.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
I can't believe they signed a guy that fuckin killed someone in the ring.

I guess if he gets trained well he could be huge, he has a good looked, plus he's swoll as hell unlike other 7 foot plus wrestlers who are usually pudgy or all out fat, this guy's body looks like a 7'3" Brock Lesnar almost. I think he'll get over if put in a good angle, hopefully they don't just have The Undertaker bury him though like other giants they've signed in the past.

Feb 5, 2005

DAS A BIG PIK UP !!

I WONDER HOW HE'LL GET WROTE IN....

BIG SHOW BET'R WATCH OUT CUZ MIGHT NO LONGER B NECESSARY....

DOOD IZ A ANIMAL !!

AT DA LONGEST YARD PREMIERE :

IN DA RING :

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
Damn dude is a monster! can't wait to see him in action. Hopefully he has enough charisma that they don't put him into some kind of buried alive match with taker like they always do.

Jan 29, 2005
PHX
RAVAGE said:
hes really slow tho! and has trouble talking well enouph to be understood!
I've been researching this dude and alot of fans that have seen him wrestle say he moves like molasass in the ring, he might bust if he don't put some pep in his step.

Feb 23, 2003
MOST LIKEY HE WILL FUED WITH BIG SHOW... WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GIANT GONZALEZ?? THAT MOTHA WAS 8 FEET!! FOR THOSE THAT FORGOT HE FOUGHT UNDER-FAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA 9

Feb 28, 2005
Justin said:
MOST LIKEY HE WILL FUED WITH BIG SHOW... WHATEVER HAPPENED TO GIANT GONZALEZ?? THAT MOTHA WAS 8 FEET!! FOR THOSE THAT FORGOT HE FOUGHT UNDER-FAKER AT WRESTLEMANIA 9

i might be wrong but didnt he pass away?