WTF WIT SMC RECORDINGS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

DUTCH-F.E

Super Moderator
Apr 25, 2002
WWW.myspace.com
i was referring to bay area rap albums. and unfortunately 5k is the mark of a successful bay record. im sure you being "regimeforlife" have sold more than that? please list your projects and accompany them with soundscans.

and just for the record where in my post did i say anything about 5k being good? i said they havent sold less than that on a project. read more and type less.

thanks and good day.

Dec 19, 2006
www.myspace.com
I mean shit.. if you came from nothin'.. got a lightweight buzz in yo city/or region.. spend 10k on promo/marketing... and u drop an album with no radio play and sell 5k.. thats good. Now if you've spent 150k on the album as a whole (not to mention the production of it) and sell less than that COMPLETELY!!! then we can start talkin about failed attempts.. ya diiiig?

Mr Ceza

Xplosive Magazine
Jul 10, 2002
I think SMC is doing a great thing. They seemed to only work with proven Succeessful Rappers until of late. Their success as a distributor/label is unmatched right now out here in the Bay Area-NOR CAL. They are the cream of the crop out here, the image of their product and promo that they do accomplish looks like a Million Bucks. Meaning they have a great look and back it up by hitting BILLBOARD Charts with local underground rappers like San Quinn, Husalah & B-Luv, Messy Marv, and a few others. They are filling a void out here-PROPS to Will and staff, bottom line is The Bay Needs more companies like SMC to get the WEST Back on the Map!

MY OPINION- DISTRIBUTOR OF THE YEAR is.............FONTANA/UNIVERSAL....Thanks to SMC and RBC

Dec 4, 2004
I still remember when they were Sumday ,, I think Mess was one of their first artist. im a fan of their releases...this what the bay needs.

May 12, 2002
dope.st
do they even promote their artists properly???
I don't know about promote but recently they doing it big on distribution. I don't know if that's down to Fontana Distribution or whatever they're called but SMC is out there in a major way all of a sudden.

I just saw 5 different recent SMC releases in my local branch of a national music chain in the UK, five thousand miles from the bay. And it wasn't like this spot had hella hip hop, they didn't even have a bunch of major shit.

I've never seen Bay music there until now, and it wasn't like they had just slung em one copy, there was three copies of each SMC title and retailing at a non-import price (i.e. competitive against majors on UK release).

I've been buying music for a decade retail and mail order and I have never seen shit like it as far as quantity, accessibility and value of independent releases. I don't know if its new strategy from SMC but it's dope.