WTF happened to CALIFORNIA ARTISTS???

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 18, 2011
I disagree every coast has good artists and bad ones, it ain't like cali doesn't have talent, shit where I'm from its been dry for a while, Midwest music is finally coming back, but cali ain't never fell off,

Jan 6, 2008
www.youtube.com
to name a few that i personally listen to: Crooked I, Locksmith, Kendrick Lamar, Hopsin, Roach Gigz, G-Eazy and Ya Boy (barely still on the list)

All westcoast, all different styles and they are all getting a decent amount of attention right now.

Feb 13, 2004
Whats is not good to you can be dope to somebody else, that what people have to understand about todays game.... its all opinion and just cause your favorite isnt the peoples choice anymore just shoes that times have changed...it happens and always has as long as music has evolved.
And I know this Man. lol

Apr 7, 2004
Young Lou is right...the dope game has ruined a generation of hiphop artists. more so the up n coming. Cats already be thinking they legends before they even on. Studio sessions turn into parties and smoking, coke, pill n hoe sessions. Instead of a team trying to make 1 song the hottest it could ever be. Their is no competitiveness like the 80's n 90's. LA started hoppin on the Bay making goofy party like snap music. No all LA but some. They Bay just keeps trying to copy other areas styles but it never sounds official. Not all but many. And then out here when you do have your own style that stands out...dudes go against it instead of embracing it. Underground hiphop 4life is what im about. All mainstream rap is pop music. Fuck the money, fame and whatever else. I mean I love money but I gotta job already. It pays my bills and takes care of my family. So ima stay underground and can give a flying F about doing any music that I have forced myself into having to continue to make. They best thing I try to do is master the art of balance. meaning keeping me throughout every line, word, style but at the same time try to make it appeal to what going on now...somehow. It's actually fun..and that's why I for some strange reason still love hiphop.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
Trust Me They Are Still Here Its Just Some Are More caught Up In The Politics Rather Then The Music!!! But Trust Me You Will Hear More Good Music Quite Soon!!!

Apr 25, 2002
Sometimes I wish I could manage or A & R some of the artists I like and get that fire back burning to what I know the people would wanna hear. I could get KILLA TAY to understand how to expand without losing his foundation. He could make a mixtape or a with beats that he would spit lava over.

yes

Sicc OG
Feb 9, 2006
What You See And Hear Is Sometimes What You Just Plain May Not Understand!! California Artist(s) Are Still Here Making Noize All Over!! Accept Change And Innovation With That Being Said That Doesnt Mean You Are Killing The Old Westcoast Sound!!! We Are Built On Innovation And We Will continue To Do That Regardless!!!

Apr 13, 2008
there's good music out there somewhere it's just harder to find, especially since the artists with good promotion tend to be the wack ones. also too many people trying to make music to appeal to people on the net and blogs, and have mass appeal in general, and a lot of the real street niggas with rap talent are locked up. also production wise i think producers need to do better and stop trying to do all that other shit musically. but i think the bottom line is the artists make music to sell to the fans and they're trying to make money.