wow this shits crazy.....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 15, 2005
Blurs the lines between stage and studio, computer DAW and keyboard synthesizer.
MiKo is an unique class of portable music and multimedia production station, designed specifically for the electronic artist and lifestyle.

No longer will DJ's have to put up with the complexity and inadequacy pieced together solutions. Miko is the ultimate Composition, Remix, and Performance instrument.

MiKo is a complete Windows XP based audio and video production station, DJ and music performance instrument, as well as a complete home theater including surround sound and dual head video outputs capable of resolution higher than HD. Fully compatible with most portable media players including IPod and digital cameras, MiKo can handle it all.

MiKo is capable of hosting up to 250 plug-ins and effects at once, playing over 500-voice polyphony, recording over 48 audio tracks at 24/96 simultaneously and cloning virtually any other MIDI-based keyboard or sound module.

In recent years, software emulated instruments have equaled and even surpassed dedicated hardware products providing higher audio quality and a dramatically larger number of choices. In addition, sampling technologies now provide lifelike acoustic sounds that rival the actual instruments, however; the samples may be gigabytes in size.

Open Labs makes the only self-contained products in the world that can play these sampled sounds. Closed platform electronic keyboards neither have the power or memory to play a large number of plug-ins, large sample sounds or third-party musical applications. Due to the advances in software, the entire MI industry is rapidly moving towards computer-assisted performance and recording.

MiKo combines the capabilities of a professional musical keyboard, dedicated DJ section and control surfaces into one fully integrated-compact package with 64-bit processing technologies.

MimiK: When MiKo is equipped with MimiK it becomes able to clone any digital piano or hardware sound module even after-touch and effects. With fully assignable banks of faders, knobs, buttons and a 15" color touch-screen, you can recreate the controls of the hardware product that you have just sampled.

Low Latency: MiKo gives you near-zero latency, even under high processor loads. This is achieved by optimization of the Windows XP operating system, custom device drivers and middleware developed by Open Labs and thousands of man-hours of testing and fine tuning.

Expandable: Equipped with PCI slots that can accept up to full-size cards, the Open Labs MiKo is the only digital keyboard that can accommodate your favorite DSP and audio upgrade cards.
Open Labs MiKo LX Keyboard Features:
  • 37 keys w/semi-weighted synth action
  • 450 voice max polyphony
  • Up to 270 simultaneous plugins
  • 2gb RAM
  • 96kb / 24-bit audio
  • 4 inputs, 6 outputs w/ 2 mic preamps
  • Qwerty keyboard
  • Alpha and DJ controllers
  • 15" touch screen
  • External VGA Output
  • 250gb hard disk
  • Dual-layer DVD burner
  • 3 PCI slots (1 available)
  • 2 PCIe slots (all available)
  • USB
  • 10/1000 ethernet
  • Optional firewire
  • Windows XP home edition

Mar 15, 2005
^didnt you read that shit????

you can tailor IT to your needs.....they have a clone feature that downloads any midi source......if it works how i think it works and lets you sample the midi source and keep it on file so you can always use it again than that would be the shit......id go to studios and sample the equipment and go home and have the same shit lol......

MimiK: When MiKo is equipped with MimiK it becomes able to clone any digital piano or hardware sound module even after-touch and effects. With fully assignable banks of faders, knobs, buttons and a 15" color touch-screen, you can recreate the controls of the hardware product that you have just sampled.

Mar 15, 2005
i dunno but if it is the folks need to jump on this shit quicc....im tryin ta think of an easy licc to come up off so i can cop one of these......lol....

on one of the sites i was readin reviews and a lotta people were talkin shit on it sayin you can make your own computer do the same thing....but wit virtually zero latency while hosting 2-500 plugins????youd have to spend at least just as much money if not more plus hella work and time to get your pc to run that good and still buy a sound interface and get a keyboard etc....so why wouldnt you jus wanna cut the bullshit all out and jus get one of these babies???? plus its a digital media player.home theatre system wit video outs better than HD.....you cant beat that shit.......

its like the mpc on stereoids + a DAW off a shermsticc x 1000....lol

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
ValleyPainProduct said:
^didnt you read that shit????

you can tailor IT to your needs.....they have a clone feature that downloads any midi source......if it works how i think it works and lets you sample the midi source and keep it on file so you can always use it again than that would be the shit......id go to studios and sample the equipment and go home and have the same shit lol......

this has been talked about over and over you can sample any thing with any sampler..you wont be having the same piece.also Look at any keyboard from the 80s up until now..each one has some kind of sounds they tried to duplicate from the moogs..and some are sampled,and not many come close..But Im saying for those looking for all in one units to make beats record and mix down...You would be better off buying individual pieces...what do the a/d d/a convertors sound like?....pre amp?...all that being said if this is something you want buy it...but it aint no holy grail

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
what I think its most strong point is its ability to play multiple plugins....Im not a software person..but if i was going that route i would consider using this as a big sound module...i wouldnt record on it though...but it would be between this and the muse receptor wich is a rackmount that you run all your plug ins through so it dont tax your computer

Mar 15, 2005
50cal said:
this has been talked about over and over you can sample any thing with any sampler..you wont be having the same piece.also Look at any keyboard from the 80s up until now..each one has some kind of sounds they tried to duplicate from the moogs..and some are sampled,and not many come close......
its not a typical sampler that jus records the audio.....it actually downloads the parameters through the midi.....so whatever sound that comes out of the source should sound EXACTLY the same comin out of this thing....

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
naw the gen 3 ones are newer... they were introduced at the last summer namm (06)

im still tryna find a store that carries it..

from what i understand it has a delta 10/10 in it (se,lx,76 models) so you should be able to get it modded by BLA and get revamped analog stages/clock and open up the sound hella...

id like to use the pc for vocals and tracking alone and take my vsts ive accumulated over the years and put em to use...

i dont know about the clone hardware shit, it sounds promising, but i wanna see it in action somewhere before i base my purchase on that alone

Apr 12, 2005
www.freeloadmp3.com
ValleyPainProduct said:
its not a typical sampler that jus records the audio.....it actually downloads the parameters through the midi.....so whatever sound that comes out of the source should sound EXACTLY the same comin out of this thing....
I understand that..but lets say you try and clone a moog voyager patch or a arp2600 patch sure you can replicate the parameters..such as enevelpoe depth..sustain..release...etc...but you cant duplicate the actual analog filters..yes the parameters....alll that being said that dont mean it wont sound good..there is alot I do like about this product....I think we have to remember what the intention of synthesizers were for....and it was to make synthesized sounds of real instruments...things have changed to where they are trying to make flutes etc sound 100% real..wich is good..but that doesnt mean certain sounds... like I was messing with my yamaha tx81z that I used for talkboxing...and I was thinking even though most these sounds are not realistic by todays standard..but they have a certain character that makes them very useable..for example my motif has some great pianos..but i like to use gritty unrealistic pianos sometimes....

May 6, 2002
nonstop.bandcamp.com
naw hes not talkin bout workstations, hes talking about the different sound/warmth/smoothness/fattness/feeling of the different older analog filters..

they all had characteristics that made them the machines they were... and companys have tryed and failed miserably to recreate those for decades... and still have hard times doing so...

but i will tell you, i had a old ms-20 and polysix in my lab, and i got the ms-20/polysix exi's for my oasys, and the filters on it were amazingly similar...

Jun 2, 2002
www.myspace.com
Man that Gen 3 Producer edition is a BEAST. What a monster. Damn.

That Clone option sounds too good to be true. Think it is? I mean you could buy the Gen 3 from a store, and while in the store, hit all the Tritons and Motifs and Phantoms and Karmas and all the Lions, Tigers and Bear keyboards you can get your hands on and clone the banks/presets then bounce.

So it must not work like that.

But anyways, the thing looks like a beast. Looks like online stores (musiciansfriend, zzounds, etc) are getting them in early April.

Expensive! Especially the 76 Key. I'd definitely have to try one out for atleast a week or two before I considered it, looks really cool though.