World Series Predictions....??

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 8, 2002
BornSin said:
i think bostons bullpen is pretty solid.....
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/statistics?stat=teampit&league=mlb&season=2&year=2003&split=128

Bostons bullpen ranks 27th out of 30 with a 4.83 ERA, to me that is a Sucky bullpen, especially when it comes to the playoffs

CZAR said:
U trippin mclean! Pedro is the best there is,
agreed!!

CZAR said:
and Lowe is pretty good himself!!! GOT EM!!!
when he is on ya, but here are his numbers this year
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/pitching?team=bos
17-7 with a 4.47 ERA

CZAR said:
I dont know about their bullpen, but I know it got better after they got Kim & Williamson!! GOT EM!!!
they got better but not much better out of the 30 teams they were ranked 17th, with a 4.37 ERA.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/teams/pitching?team=bos&season=2003&split=182&seasonType=2

scott willaimson after the all star break
0-1 with a 6.30 ERA

Kim is after the all star break
6-3 with a 2.92 ERA as a starter and as a closer

Apr 25, 2002
Yup Boston ain't got a bullpen, I don't think they'll make it past the A's. Yankees have dominated the Twins for the past two years but the Twins are hot right now so I think this could go either way... I'd rather see the Yankees win cuz the A's have had hella problems with the Twins this year.

May 10, 2002
Mcleanhatch said:
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/statistics?stat=teampit&league=mlb&season=2&year=2003&split=128

Bostons bullpen ranks 27th out of 30 with a 4.83 ERA, to me that is a Sucky bullpen, especially when it comes to the playoffs
those are some pretty rank numbers....but they still have some good arms in the pen (Kim, Saurbeck, Mendoza, Timlin, Williamson) they all have good stuff, they just need to start pitching to their potential....we'll see how they do in the playoffs...

Mar 18, 2003
It's nice to see that people arn't sleeping on the Cubs. Although I did pick the Braves to win, the sky is the limit, nothing is out of reach for them right now. They have the pitching to do it all. I picked the Braves because of their explosive offense, we'll see if it explodes.

May 8, 2002
BornSin said:
those are some pretty rank numbers....but they still have some good arms in the pen (Kim, Saurbeck, Mendoza, Timlin, Williamson) they all have good stuff, they just need to start pitching to their potential....we'll see how they do in the playoffs...
first of all let me say that i hope you are right because i want Boston to win it all. but thes numbers do scare me.

Timlin: ---- 6-4 with a 3.55 ERA
williamson: 0-1 6.20 ERA
mendoza: 3-5 with a 6.75 ERA
Saurbeck: 0-1 with a 6.48 ERA
Kim: ----- 8-5 with a 3.18 ERA

not to mention the #2, 3 and 4 starters

Derek Lowe-- 17-7 with a 4.47 ERA
Tim Wakefield- 11-7 with a 4.09 ERA
Jonh Burkett--- 1209 with a 5.15 ERA

May 1, 2002
WHAT HAPPEN ? 2 THE BO SOX 2DAY,DID PEDRO HAVE A SOUR THROART OR DID MANNY RAMIRIEZ SHOULDER,THE A'S WILL SURE PUT THIS ONE IN BOSTON

N THE BRAVES ARE THE SHIT IN REGULAR SEASON BUT DURING THE POSTSEASON THEY PLAY LIKE SHIT

MY PREDICTIONS

ARE

GIANTS VS A'S

May 10, 2002
dam, it looks like boston just might lay an egg....if pedro cant get a win than you know your in trouble.....just shows you how important pitching is in the postseason....and it sure looks like boston doesnt have it....their not doing much with the bats either...

May 8, 2002
i take it you are an A's fan

mExIcaNox4 said:
WHAT HAPPEN ? 2 THE BO SOX 2DAY,DID PEDRO HAVE A SOUR THROART OR DID MANNY RAMIRIEZ SHOULDER,THE A'S WILL SURE PUT THIS ONE IN BOSTON
maybe they will right now it sure looks like they will, but thats what the Indians thought when they went up 2-0 on the Sox a few years back and what happened??? the sox came back to win 3 straight right????

mExIcaNox4 said:
N THE BRAVES ARE THE SHIT IN REGULAR SEASON BUT DURING THE POSTSEASON THEY PLAY LIKE SHIT
same can be said about the A's right??? who many times have they gotten past the first round the last few years???

mExIcaNox4 said:
MY PREDICTIONS ARE

GIANTS VS A'S
i still stick to my Red Sox vs. Cubbies series

May 8, 2002
BornSin said:
dam, it looks like boston just might lay an egg....if pedro cant get a win than you know your in trouble.....
he left the game with the lead just like he did 6 times during the regular season and the bullpen lost the game. i cant blame Pedro for that game.