Winter Tour Dates

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vdGhlcmVhbHRlY2huOW5lLm5pbmcuY29tL2V2ZW50cy9ldmVudC9saXN0VXBjb21pbmc=

Tech is starting to schedule a few winter season shows. So far, he has two shows scheduled in Alaska. Anchorage on November 28th at the Eagan Convention Center and Juneau on November 29th at Marlintini's. How many rappers do you know that would brave the great white Arctic North for their fans in the dead of winter? Stay tuned for additional winter show dates, as they become avaiable!
The link's dead.

Jan 8, 2006
wow anchorage. i was hoping for something on the east coast.... and this is the complete opposite. probably the furthest point from me in the US that they could have chosen. just Awesome

Nov 14, 2002
[FONT=&quot] Sorry, you have reached a link that is no longer accessible due to one or more of the following: [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] A reported spammer site [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] A reported Phishing Site: A site designed to trick the user into giving up user name and passwords. [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] A site which contains malware [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] A site that currently contains a lot of spam [/FONT]
[FONT=&quot]-[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] The user entered HTML syntax was inaccurate.
[/FONT]
This guy is doing shows in fucking ALASKA? I have the population of Alaska in a 3 block radius.

Is there some campaign Travis came up with where they do promo and shows in cities with no people in them? It's to the point where it seems like they're intentionally avoiding certain areas rather than they just won't sell so they don't book. They cancelled a NY show, even though they were going to be in NY the day before anyhow, but ALASKA... There's your main demographic.

Sep 30, 2006
at the kc show, cross-eye joe mentioned that tech is going to start doing more over seas shows and only one american tour next year. he said that tech is starting to slow down on shows and strange is going to start giving more time to the other artists. so, not sure how true that is but he says to make an effort to make tech shows if possible cause there wont be as many anymore.

Nov 14, 2002
That has little to no effect on people who never get to see Tech anyhow.

I just can't fathom that the "biggest selling indie act" of the fucking year or decade or WTF ever doesn't sell enough records in NY to warrant a stop on an album tour. If you sold an album to 1 out of every 1000 people in ny, that's still 20,000 copies. 1 out of 1000 paople in Alaska is a whopping 627 copies. Can someone tell me how the promo in Alaska is hitting a larger demo warranting shows there, rather than in NY?

Edit: And you're telling me that Alaska has a bigger hip-hop market than NY?

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
I guess we'll find out when the official sales numbers come in.

Shows are hard to get lined up, and you ought to know it's not as simple as pulling in, finding a venue, and setting up shop.

They went to Little Rock from Texas after passing up Springfield twice. Nobody WANTS that kind of schedule.

Nov 14, 2002
What makes NY so hard to line up? Are there somehow less places to book a show than Alaska? Are there less promoters here? I just don't understand where there would be a problem setting up a NY date where there seems to be no problem doing dates in Alaska or all the way over in Australia.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
The canceling of your show came from the venue itself. Don't squab about Strange being the ones that failed.

They're doing new dates and giving time to the other places that sell albums and dvd's well.

This tour not only represented Tech's new album, but showcased new areas of achievement for the label. I'm sure New York can be profitable for them, but I'm not above thinking it's gonna just rake in cash solely based on it being New York.

Your show could have been the worst on the tour, and I bet it wouldn't make a difference as long as you saw your show, which I respect. Hell, I liked them finally coming back to Little Rock after years, but I've moved on and really don't care if the area's gonna grow and more show will come their way AS LONG AS Springfield remains viable.

It's all relative to the way in which you view the shows, man.

Nov 14, 2002
They're doing new dates and giving time to the other places that sell albums and dvd's well.
That's what they've been doing since the beginning. It's Touring 101. But on that very note, I can't see ALASKA being a larger market for Tech than NY (and many other places as well).

Meh it's not a big deal but I think it's funny that this has been going on for YEARS. People have complained about it forever and I still have yet to understand the reasons that Tech doesn't tour to certain areas.

And why be so shady about it? If you're going to have to cancel a show, don't you think you should tell your fans the reason? Especially when it's the venues fault?

Jul 7, 2002
[/B] [/FONT]
This guy is doing shows in fucking ALASKA? I have the population of Alaska in a 3 block radius.

Is there some campaign Travis came up with where they do promo and shows in cities with no people in them? It's to the point where it seems like they're intentionally avoiding certain areas rather than they just won't sell so they don't book. They cancelled a NY show, even though they were going to be in NY the day before anyhow, but ALASKA... There's your main demographic.

They typically do shows where they get paid. Find somebody in NY willing to pay the guarantee and Tech will proly be there.

Dec 29, 2002
not saying cross eyed didnt say that cause he most likely did but i doubt they only do one tour in the us next year
but if they are gonna give more attention to there other artists that would be dope i would love to see a tour with everyone else from strange but tech and they all do solo sets
it would be dope to see a kutt solo set and a kali solo set

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
I have heard from a few ppl that they may be doing a charity event in manhattan Kansas soon. Wondering if anybody knows anything about it?
**TAKEN FROM FACEBOOK**

Tech N9ne Alzheimers Benefit Concert at KANSAS STATE UNIVERSITY

Date: Friday, April 9, 2010
Time: 7:00pm - 10:00pm

This event is a philanthropy that will be held by Tau Kappa Epsilon of Kansas State University to help raise money for Alzheimer's Association. In order to have this event take place we will need more than 3000+ people to purchase a ticket. Do not Accept this invite if you will not attend, just click NOT ATTENDING, no MAYBE.

This is a non-profit event all proceeds will be donated to Alzheimer's. The tickets will be $20.00 a person, and we will let you know how to purchase them. The location will be at the Old Stadium on campus at Kansas State University. It will be held outside on the field turf facing the Alumni Center. This event will be rain or shine.

The date is still being determined at this time, but if all goes as planned with booking, it would occur in mid April. Last night Tech N9ne was awarded the 2009 MTVu Woodie Award in NYC. May I remind you all, for this EVENT to occur we will need more than 3000+ people. This will go down in history.

At this event since it will be on campus there will be no food/drink, which means whatever you do before doesn't involve campus nor Tau Kappa Epsilon, whatever goes on during will be monitored by police. Neither campus nor TKE will be responsible for any lost or stolen items or any injuries during the concert. This event will also be monitored by our friendly police to make sure this FUNDRAISER/CONCERT goes the way it should.

This event should be amazing for everyone and realizing that it is for a cause to help out people in need is even greater. If you all didn’t know he would be finishing up the K.O.D. tour in Canada during March of 2010 before his performance here. But let me remind you again there needs to be A LOT of people. Parking will not be a problem with the new parking garage and the parking lot next to the stadium. Another thing to add, Dean Bosco still needs to approve this and this will be determined after the holidays. Another thing to add is, if 2000 or more people accept this invite and send to other people then its almost possible this event will take place. EVERYTHING IS A PHONE CALL AWAY, IT’S ALL ON YOUR SHOULDERS NOW. Please let’s make this happen.

Nov 14, 2003
This event should be amazing for everyone and realizing that it is for a cause to help out people in need is even greater. If you all didn’t know he would be finishing up the K.O.D. tour in Canada during March of 2010 before his performance here. But let me remind you again there needs to be A LOT of people. Parking will not be a problem with the new parking garage and the parking lot next to the stadium. Another thing to add, Dean Bosco still needs to approve this and this will be determined after the holidays. Another thing to add is, if 2000 or more people accept this invite and send to other people then its almost possible this event will take place. EVERYTHING IS A PHONE CALL AWAY, IT’S ALL ON YOUR SHOULDERS NOW. Please let’s make this happen.
and for the discussion earlier in this thread...