Will there ever be?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 2, 2006
Will there ever be a rapper as good as 2pac . A lot people say guys like Rakim are the best, but nobody had the personality like 2pac. Will there ever be another 2pac. His all around ability was incredible. I always wonder if a few years from now if a guy comes along that makes me say, damm this is the greatest rapper ever. I think it will never happen.

Feb 13, 2006
its been agreed on for a long long time that pac wasn't the best lyrcist, but, unlike other rappers...he was a whole the best, he was versatile, and could come at you from many ways with the same quality that others couldnt...

ThaG

Sicc OG
Jun 30, 2005
Pac wasn't the fastest but could rap fast when he had to (check tracks like Tha Lunatic and Somethin Wicked if you don'r remember)

he wasn't the best lyricsit but his lyrics were always dope and he could rap about 10 different things in a single song and still make it sound coherent and on point

he was both conscious and gangsta which most rappers fail to do but it is what makes you appealing to people - nobody wants to listen to preaching; while the whole guns, thugs and killing thing can sometimes be too one-dimensional

and last, nobody had the same work ethic as him, you know how careful and demanding he was when choosing the beats for his tracks; most artists today will rap over whatever shitty beat you give them given that it's a <put-any-big-name-producer>'s beat

Will there be another such artist?? I don't think so, at least in the next 5 years, the era we live in is too different from the late 80s to produce the same type of artists

Apr 4, 2006
the thing that separates pac from the rest is that his songs could be felt regardless of what coast your on regardless of what skin color you are pac spoke to a nation while most artist only speak about some shit that only a handful of folks can undersand

T.C

Sicc OG
Jul 22, 2003
ElroyCalrician said:
Will there ever be a rapper as good as 2pac . A lot people say guys like Rakim are the best, but nobody had the personality like 2pac. Will there ever be another 2pac. His all around ability was incredible. I always wonder if a few years from now if a guy comes along that makes me say, damm this is the greatest rapper ever. I think it will never happen.
i think there were/are/will be plenty of rappers better than Pac as far as the skill of rapping...however, what i think made pac unique is he mastered the art of "hype"....he damn near had niggas thinking he was the second comming of jesus. thats something thats going to keep him in the minds of people forever whenever people talk about the great rappers. there are plenty of niggas more versatile, more skilled, etc....there probably wont be another rapper as influential as pac...but thats only because the industry is much different now than it was when pac was alive...

its sort of like in basketball with Jordan...no matter how many points you score or championships you win....if you are a shooting guard, you will never have as much influence on the game as Jordan did...fans wont allow it

Dec 2, 2004
and last, nobody had the same work ethic as him, you know how careful and demanding he was when choosing the beats for his tracks; most artists today will rap over whatever shitty beat you give them given that it's a <put-any-big-name-producer>'s beat
Me against the world, all eyes on me... greatest albums ever. Pac was great cause who he was. The dude was flat out cool. The ladys loved him. And the homies loved him too. How many rappers out now can you say that for both*guys like chingy,lil wayne who soo loved by the females*? The dude shot two off duty police officers. Not only did he rapped about it. He walked the talk. He said fuck police and said he wasn't afraid to shoot a cop. He meant every word of it. Dude was no faker. Had charisma.... He struck like a tiger. This guy made me wanna listen to what he had to say.

Jun 23, 2003
i own like 5 tupac albums and have never even listened to them. I know the music but I dont care to be a fan. I have heard it all at parties and kickbacks and know its good music. But too many people rode pacs nuts for soooooo long it got old as fuck. Now when I hear it I feel like it is radio cupcake music. Not the hard , influential music it once was.

Aug 7, 2002
he wasn't the best rapper but there was something about him..his most lyrical album and his best album from my opinion is the makaveli album..this shows people how lyrically talented he is..from his previous albums before makaveli his lines were really simple but there was something about his concept..he said some easy shit but he did it for everybody to understand what he's really trying to say...and it's stronger then most rappers out today and before

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
^the difference between mac dre & pac is that pac started dumbing his lyrics down as his albums progressed and mac dre started stepping his lyrics up....but dre was more of a fun rapper like shock g/humptyhump....pac had the image....him going to jail made him even more credible....then he got shot and it stepped his street cred up even more....he was the perfect role model for any aspiring thug.

there won't be another pac.....just like there won't be another biggie, pun, big L, mac dre, cougnut, etc etc....

and I do agree with oh coy, pac was overrated

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
the question shouldnt be if there is going to be anybody "as good" as pac cause we all know there are plenty of rappers with more talent than pac had...the question should be if there will be another rapper "like" pac