WILL THERE EVER BE ANOTHER GLP ALBUM?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
I KNOW QUINN IS ON ANOTHER LABEL AND SO IS SEFF IM PRETTY SURE BUT I KNOW SOME HOW THIS COULD HAPPEN, IM LOVIN ALL THE GLP ALBUMS AND THE LAST ONE TOO FAMILY BUSINESS EVEN THOUGH IT WAS YOU (JT) AND QUINN BASICALLY. IF YOU CAN MAKE IT HAPPEN DO IT DO IT CUZ YOU KNOW EVERYONE WOULD LOVE TO SEE THAT SHIT!!!!

May 10, 2002
JT, SINCE YOU AINT RESPONDING DOES THAT MEAN THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GLP ALBUM????

BAY GIANTS IM PRETTY SURE HES STILL COOL AS EVER WITH QUINN CUZ HE WAS ON THAT ONE MOE REASON COMP. ON 2 TRACKS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.

Feb 19, 2003
Playa510 said:
JT, SINCE YOU AINT RESPONDING DOES THAT MEAN THERE WILL NOT BE ANOTHER GLP ALBUM????

BAY GIANTS IM PRETTY SURE HES STILL COOL AS EVER WITH QUINN CUZ HE WAS ON THAT ONE MOE REASON COMP. ON 2 TRACKS BUT YOU NEVER KNOW.
If you go to the thread that starts, "WELCOME TO THE WORLD'S MOST HUSTLIN' LABEL" and scroll down, there's a post from JT saying that another GLP album will drop this fall.

And yeah, I imagine things are okay between JT and Quinn, not only 'cause of ONE MOE REASON, but because Quinn appeared on JT's "Hustle Relentless" from last year, as well as on JT and The Gamblaz "Know About It", D-Moe's "Ghost Writer" and (I THINK) several Get Low comps (NEIGHBORHOOD SUPASTARS, DEM FRISCO BOYS AIN'T NO PUNKS). But we'll have to wait and see. PEACE!

May 10, 2002
^^^ THANKS FOR LETTING ME KNOW, I NEVER CHECKED THAT POST I SHOULD HAVE, THATS VERY GOOD TO HEAR!!!!

GET LOW COULD BE ON THE RISE AGAIN CUZ THIS NEW JT ALBUM PROJECT POETRY IS RAW!!!!

May 29, 2002
i wasn't sure, but now that i think about it, they still been making music together. i just remember hearing they had funk thats why quinn left get low.

Feb 19, 2003
bayGIANTS said:
i wasn't sure, but now that i think about it, they still been making music together. i just remember hearing they had funk thats why quinn left get low.

Yup--I think they hooked back up during '99, 'cause Quinn has done a whole bunch of songs with JT, The Gamblaz, D-Moe, etc. since then (JT and Quinn basically carried The GLP's "Family Business", a CD which didn't move me at first back in 2000, but seems to get better the more times I hear it, and it now may be just as much of a classic as the early stuff).

It would also be cool to see Get Low and Done Deal (Quinn's label) collaborate on some shit in the future (like when The Gamblaz appeared on Fully Loaded's CD and vice versa. That was tight). PEACE!

May 10, 2002
YEAH I KNEW THERE WAS SOME TENSION BETWEEN QUINN AND JT, I HEARD SOME RUMORS ABOUT IT BUT NEVER GOT THE REAL SCOOP,

DEFINITELY GET LOW AND DONE DEAL SHOULD UNITE AND HOPEFULLY MERGE LIKE DONE DEAL AND GIT PAID DID, IF THAT SHIT HAPPENED THERES NO QUESTION FRISCO WOULD BE ON THE MAP IN A BIG WAY AND IM TALKEN NATIONWIDE NOT JUST LOCAL OR WHATEVER.

I MEAN AS MUCH AS PEOPLE DOWNED GET LOW FOR RECENT SHIT THEY STILL ARE AND WERE PUTTING OUT GOOD ALBUMS LIKE JT AND THE GAMBLAZ, AUTHENTIC SOLO, AND D-MOE GHOST WRITER AND THERE STILL MY FAVORITE LABEL IN FRISCO ALONG WITH DONE DEAL.

ALSO HOPEFULLY THE DETAILS CAN GET DISHED OUT ABOUT THIS NEW GLP ALBUM, WHOS IN IT THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW!!! JT PLEASE DONT SAY YOUR DOING A GLP ALBUM WITHOUT QUINN.

Feb 19, 2003
Playa510 said:
YEAH I KNEW THERE WAS SOME TENSION BETWEEN QUINN AND JT, I HEARD SOME RUMORS ABOUT IT BUT NEVER GOT THE REAL SCOOP,

DEFINITELY GET LOW AND DONE DEAL SHOULD UNITE AND HOPEFULLY MERGE LIKE DONE DEAL AND GIT PAID DID, IF THAT SHIT HAPPENED THERES NO QUESTION FRISCO WOULD BE ON THE MAP IN A BIG WAY AND IM TALKEN NATIONWIDE NOT JUST LOCAL OR WHATEVER.

I MEAN AS MUCH AS PEOPLE DOWNED GET LOW FOR RECENT SHIT THEY STILL ARE AND WERE PUTTING OUT GOOD ALBUMS LIKE JT AND THE GAMBLAZ, AUTHENTIC SOLO, AND D-MOE GHOST WRITER AND THERE STILL MY FAVORITE LABEL IN FRISCO ALONG WITH DONE DEAL.

ALSO HOPEFULLY THE DETAILS CAN GET DISHED OUT ABOUT THIS NEW GLP ALBUM, WHOS IN IT THATS ALL I WANT TO KNOW!!! JT PLEASE DONT SAY YOUR DOING A GLP ALBUM WITHOUT QUINN.
Yup. I think it was mostly the compilations that people were mad at (those tended to have a higher percentage of recycled tracks), and because of this, I think many fans were too angry to listen to the solo CDs with a more open mind.

JT and The Gamblaz "Know About It", Authentic's Solo, and D-Moe's "Ghost Writer" were indeed very dope. I thought JT's "Hustle Relentless" was dope, too, even if it sometimes seemed more like a compilation with JT as a sideman.

In the future, I think those four CDs will be remembered as "prime Get Low" for the 2001-2 period, just as GLP's "Straight Out The Labb", JT's "Playaz N' The Game" and "Dwellin' In The Labb", and San Quinn's "Live-N-Direct" and "Hustle Continues" are considered "prime Get Low" for the 1993-96 period. PEACE!

Apr 25, 2002
sav-man said:

(JT and Quinn basically carried The GLP's "Family Business", a CD which didn't move me at first back in 2000, but seems to get better the more times I hear it, and it now may be just as much of a classic as the early stuff).
Glad to see someone else think its classic, I felt the same way since the begining.