Will Favre play for the Vikings?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Tony

Sicc OG
May 15, 2002
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4142857

Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress and quarterback Brett Favre plan to meet at an undisclosed location later this week to discuss the possibility of the former Packers and Jets quarterback renouncing his retirement from the NFL to play the 2009 season with the Vikings, according to a source with direct knowledge of discussions between the two parties.

There is a mutual understanding that sometime soon thereafter Favre will decide whether to sign with the Vikings. The team would expect him to participate fully in offseason minicamps and training camps, which he missed last year with the Jets.

Favre has not been working out and declined to have surgery to repair the torn biceps tendon that plagued him the final month of last season.

Favre may believe the injury can heal on its own as did a similar problem with his left shoulder while he played in Green Bay. A source close to Favre told ESPN's Chris Mortensen that how the injury heals will play a role in the quarterback's decision.

The source also said that the quarterback's agent, Bus Cook, is researching unemployed NFL quarterback coaches to see if one can be hired to work with Favre in Mississippi while he ponders a possible return.

Favre wanted to play for the Vikings last season, but the Packers specifically eliminated their NFC North rivals as a potential destination for the Green Bay icon.

While Favre had been emphatic about not returning next season, he never anticipated the Jets would release him after drafting Mark Sanchez in the first round and could see the Vikings as the opportunity to fulfill the goal he was deprived of last season -- winning a Super Bowl.

Favre admitted to ESPN that he was motivated to play in 2008 largely because of his resentment toward Packers general manager Ted Thompson.

The Vikings had planned to have Tarvaris Jackson and Sage Rosenfels compete for the starting quarterback position in training camp. With Jackson battling injuries last season, journeyman Gus Frerotte started 11 games and led the Vikes in passing.

Minnesota finished 10-6 to capture the NFC North but lost to the Eagles in the first round of the playoffs in a game started by Jackson.

Ed Werder covers the NFL for ESPN. Chris Mortensen is a senior NFL analyst for ESPN.

V

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
  • V

V

why would they sign him after his arm fell off in the second half of the season of last year??

Stealth

May 8, 2002
If Farve decides to play football this season, I want to hear about it once. I want to hear about it the day he signs to the team. I don't want to hear about it beforehand, I don't want to hear about it afterwards. Somehow, that's just too fucking much to ask.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Lmao not yet man - May 30th. I'm gonna sing him the happy birthday song while I'm taking a leak in it.

Meta4iCAL

Raider Nation
Feb 21, 2005
I think so

I thought this was all rumors and drama being stirred up by ESPN... but if he's actually talking to Childress... then I think so

Feb 14, 2004
i really don't care if he does or doesn't. i just wish NFL Network wasn't all over this on all of their NFL Total Access episodes. they show it like 4-5 times thruout one episode.

Feb 14, 2004
i want him to play. i dont care if espn or the nfl network is hypin him because i have a god damn life
oh ya? what's that suppose to mean. you sayin that in regards of what i said. the show is one hour long. how can you determine if i had a life or not with not being happy with a one hour long show that is all over Favres nuts?

May 2, 2002
yeah I really don't care if he plays or not...but because of all the coverage...I really just want him to be gone.

Cause you know you're not just gonna hear about it now...it's gonna continue all season long if he plays.

Jan 4, 2003
if Favre goes to the vikings its gonna fuck up his whole green bay legacy.. that should burn bridges for good going to a divison rival.. its not the packs fault about the whole Brett situation.. dude called it quits so they moved on with Rodgers as starter then he wanted to come back all of a sudden.. doesn't work like that... He shoulda never went to the jets in the first place..... give it up Favre