will anyone be mad if...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 24, 2006
just wondering if anyone would be mad if i burned the leaked tracks...like 7 or 8 of them...and just gave them to people...pretty much like a sampler..but...not an offical one...also...it would be better if i knew the release date so i can write it on the cd itself when it's comming out...so whoever i give it to knows and they can go get it...but, if anyone has a problem with this...then i wont do it..

Feb 8, 2006
It's not a matter of being mad. It's a matter of protecting intellectual property. No matter what your intention, you cannot distribute someones work for free. You cannot go into Dillards and steal tommy hilfiger t-shirts to give away, even if you think it will be good advertisement for Tommy Hilfiger.

Particularly with intellectual property, you must take all actions to protect the property or you will lose it. By law, if you regularly permit others to use your patent and don't try to stop them, you risk losing your patent.

Feb 12, 2006
If the point is to introduce peeps to Tech, give them a few tracks from his older shit whick is dope as fuck anyways. If they dont know who tech is then it shouldnt be a problem. U dont hear the leaked shit unless u dedicated...

Oct 23, 2002
www.chapmanrecording.com
transparent_lfe said:
just wondering if anyone would be mad if i burned the leaked tracks...like 7 or 8 of them...and just gave them to people...pretty much like a sampler..but...not an offical one...also...it would be better if i knew the release date so i can write it on the cd itself when it's comming out...so whoever i give it to knows and they can go get it...but, if anyone has a problem with this...then i wont do it..

Yes people would be mad

Aug 20, 2002
what a dickhead.......

transparent_lfe said:

SCHLAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAND!!!!!

Sep 30, 2002
a good rule of thumb would be.............

If you want to promote do it with official Strange promo materials, contact Strange and I am sure if you want to put in the leg work, they will hook you up with some samplers and such.

Jan 24, 2006
yeh thats coo and all...i just been thinking about trying to promote his new cd, i was never gunna do this with out permission, if i wanted to, i would have already done it, and i would never promote the cd since i have no idea when it will be released, like...aye here's this cd, some snippits...not sure when it will come out...but might be this year...all in all...i'll just continue to do it by word of mouth...

Mummy

Sicc OG
Feb 18, 2006
where will we be able to obtain promo stuff for everready once they decided to send some out? i wouldnt mind walking around putting posters up n shit around cleveland

Sep 23, 2002
www.wannabattle.com
You have to contact a specific person and explain why and how you plan on DISTRIBUTING the promo materials and why you would be an excellent choice for a street team member...

Not just some lame-o shit like "I PROMISE I'll put these posters on my telephone poles! Now send me free shit! (so I can sell it on ebay)"

Apr 13, 2005
if i was about to drop a hit like this i would be pissed.

personally i will download any freely advertized bootleg but for tech i will skip the search engine and pay full price like every other broke ass with no net. so post it but u get no hit from me.

tech i give you mad d town love
drop em both and they will buy

Jan 24, 2006
hahah...imma buy his cd...thats not what i am saying...i will not post songs..especially his on this forum..i know the rules...but it's good...like someone said..just wait till there are real ones and do those...i can wait, but thanks..