Wii Question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

MzLooNey

Tha LooNiest Bitch
May 8, 2002
Just got my boys a Wii with Guitar Hero 3. They love the game and wanna battle. Does anyone know where I can buy another guitar? Everywhere I look I just find the bundle with the guitar and game. Also any ups or downs I should know about this console? Any feedback would be appreciated. Thanx!

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
1. You should be able to find the guitar only on ebay, or at a gamestop if you are lucky. You can also order them directly from red octane at their website.

2. Not sure if this has been fixed or not, but the initial batch of GH3 discs for the Wii are done in mono, not stereo, not dolby digital... fucking one speaker mono. You also miss out on downloadable songs, online play, and any future updates/patches.

http://www.redoctane.com

MzLooNey

Tha LooNiest Bitch
May 8, 2002
1. You should be able to find the guitar only on ebay, or at a gamestop if you are lucky. You can also order them directly from red octane at their website.

2. Not sure if this has been fixed or not, but the initial batch of GH3 discs for the Wii are done in mono, not stereo, not dolby digital... fucking one speaker mono. You also miss out on downloadable songs, online play, and any future updates/patches.

http://www.redoctane.com
Thanx for the info. So maybe the Wii wasn't the best choice in a console?

Jan 11, 2006
grouchoweed.ipbfree.com
depends... The Wii is a great console, for what it does. It is geared towards non-gamers, though.

A better choice would be the 360, as it is much cheaper than a PS3, and has the best library of games.

How old are your sons, if you don't mind my asking?

Nov 20, 2005
Thanx for the info. So maybe the Wii wasn't the best choice in a console?
the wii is hella fun. trust me even you will be playin it.

try out some other games that best utilize the wii and you wont regret buying it.

the moment i started playing wii baseball against my mom was classic.

~k.

MzLooNey

Tha LooNiest Bitch
May 8, 2002
depends... The Wii is a great console, for what it does. It is geared towards non-gamers, though.

A better choice would be the 360, as it is much cheaper than a PS3, and has the best library of games.

How old are your sons, if you don't mind my asking?
They're actually my brothers i am raising. They are 9 and 12. What do u mean by it being geared toward non gamers?

MzLooNey

Tha LooNiest Bitch
May 8, 2002
the wii is hella fun. trust me even you will be playin it.

try out some other games that best utilize the wii and you wont regret buying it.

the moment i started playing wii baseball against my mom was classic.

~k.
Yeah, I bowled a few times. It was fun! What do u recommend as far as games?

Nov 20, 2005
any of the wii sports games are fun.

ive played rayman's raving rabbids, that was hella fun; its basically a bunch of mini games but its entertaining. the first one is better than the second one, and you can go into multiplayer after you unlock everything.

if they are into soccer, they may like mario strikers.

super mario galaxy has great reviews all over the place..might want to check that one out.

~k.

MzLooNey

Tha LooNiest Bitch
May 8, 2002
any of the wii sports games are fun.

ive played rayman's raving rabbids, that was hella fun; its basically a bunch of mini games but its entertaining. the first one is better than the second one, and you can go into multiplayer after you unlock everything.

if they are into soccer, they may like mario strikers.

super mario galaxy has great reviews all over the place..might want to check that one out.

~k.
Ok, thanx for the info K!

Jan 2, 2004

360's aren't much cheaper than PS3s any more.. It's only 50 bucks cheaper and you get a Blu-Ray drive.

So basically for 50 dollars, you get a blu-ray drive and a little more assurance that your console won't break.

Apr 27, 2005
2. Not sure if this has been fixed or not, but the initial batch of GH3 discs for the Wii are done in mono
This has nothing to do with the Wii, as some people on here might expect, its actually Activisions fault. The ISO was dissected and the actual song files are in stereo. The mono output is a bug and they are replacing the discs, just go on the website for more info.

The standalone guitars for GH3 will be available next month.

What do u recommend as far as games?
http://wii.ign.com/index/reviews.ht...ribute=article.overall_rating&sort.order=desc

Also, the Wii has plenty of core games. Its not just for non-gamers